Does anyone know......

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by leginald, Sep 20, 2004.

1. leginald

leginald New Member

...whatever happened to Boldon Colliery Band. I have left this question on the message boards of most North Eastern bands, none of which have seen fit to respond to me, being a bit of a message board addict at the moment (it's the nightshifts;)) I thought I'd ask here.
    I used to play for them, we had a bit of a rough ride of things (I mucked them around bigtime) and then I moved down south and haven't been able to think about banding since in case I did that to another band. Please can someone let me know, I used to monitor their website to see how they were doing, then suddenly they just *disappeared*.....

2. JR

JR Member

I would have thought Steve Malcolm at Ever Ready (reg vardy) would know - I remember he used to conduct them
    When I was asked to take at Ever Ready to Spennymoor contest (Brass in Concert) in the early 1990s I remember doing a concert the week before, at the town of Boldon Colliery at a local school. The audience was full of young people (and parents) who were either playing in the school band or Boldon colliery juniors - I too would like to know what has happened to banding in that area - must be pretty worrying for the North East - I know that entries were down at the area this year

john roberts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice