Does anyone know...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mister 4x4, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

... what happened to 'Tuba-Euphorum?'

I'm not trying to take anything away from this site, but I was wondering if anyone's heard anything about the other site. It just went dead one day, and it's killing me not knowing what happened to it.

I had just joined, found some advice on how to increase my upper range, discovered it had worked, and when I went back to read some more advice, the site was toast. Looks like a MySQL, php, or Apache error that hasn't been fixed.

Again - I'm sorry to mention the status of another site here (I know it's rude, depending on who you're talking to), but I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything.

PM or e-mail me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

A little while back they had problems with a hacker, but I don't know whether the present difficulty is related to that. There are several on here who are/were active on both forums, so hopefully someone can tell us what has happened.
  3. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Thanks, Peter. I appreciate the easy-going nature of this site. Some of the other forums I frequent would've threatened banning for mentioning another site by name like that.

And yeah - any news would be appreciated.

You guys are the best.
  4. Di

Di Active Member

In the meantime, feel free to ask for any advice you require on tMP. :) You may even get one or two sensible answers. ;)
  5. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Well, anything I want to know about Brass Banding in Europe so far, I haven't had any problems finding. ;)

When I was poking around on the other forum, I happened to stumble on some technique improvement tips and things of that nature that just spoke to me. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for either... I'm just trying to do as much reading about the things that I discover need improvement as they come up. Maybe I missed it... but I didn't see any tips and playing technique areas so far. Point me in the right direction if I missed it.
  6. Di

Di Active Member

There are no forum categories per se dedicated to tutorials/tips. Being a discussion forum people just tend to ask - then pick and choice from the advice given. ;)

A couple of examples:

improving stamina here and here

Upper register here
    and here

These are just a couple of examples. Like I say, all you need to do is ask. We're a friendly bunch. ;)
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Very strange, a mod sending somebody to another forum!!! what is the world comming to!!!

hi Mister 4x4 im sure youll find all sorts of helpefull info on here, as mumsie so eliquently put it al you have to do is ask!
  9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Of course there are plenty of folk amongst the tMP membership who would be more than happy to help you with any technical inquiries you may have. Just start a new thread in the rehearsal room and I'm sure the replies will come flooding in. We are lucky to have amongst our membership several top class tuba and low brass players, it would be a shame to think you couldn't ask them for their advice, eh? :D
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  10. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Thanks, I appreciate the links. One thing I might suggest is taking all of the technical tips, advice, and whatnot, and making a separate sub-forum for them - having to wade through all of the threads to find them is pretty time consuming.

And I have no doubt of the talent that resides on this site (in fact I'm in awe, to be honest... not to mention a tad envious because of how big brass bands are over there), but what I was looking for was a little more accessible at the other place, residing in its own 'technique' forum. I'm the type of person that I'm not sure what I need, until I see it.

Just a thought.

Thanks again...