Does anyone know of up-coming contests ....

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 20, 2002.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi

Are you going to any contests soon or do you know of any that are coming up...? Please let everyone know about them and post the details here. It doesn't matter where they are, we all love contests, so the more information we have on the where, when etc, the better...

Thanks

2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Shame! You've just missed one. There's just recently been the Aylesbury Contest (Herts. i think), I'm not sure if the next one is Hove for the country, but it is definately the next contest for us in SCABA :lol:

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

thanks for this... do you have the results...?

4. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Next contest for us will be early February at Preston Guild Hall. Not got the exact date to hand. Sorry.

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yeah - hold on a sec!!

SECTION B (Youth & 4th Section)
    1.Jubilee Brass (Ken Membury) 186
    2.Hemel Hempstead (G Weeks) 181

Best Soloist: Euphonium (Jubilee Brass)
    Best Section: Basses (Jubilee Brass)

Adjudicator: Alan Mossford

SECTION A (2nd & 3rd Section)
    1.Bradwell Silver (Brian Keech) 194
    2.Woking Brass (-) 192
    3.Epsom and Ewell Silver (M Winter) 190

Best Soloist: David Wilson (cornet) Bradwell Silver
    Best Section: Horns (Bradwell Silver)
    Highest Placed 3rd Section band: Bradwell Silver

Adjudicator: Bram Wiggins

OPEN SECTION (Championship & 1st Section)

1st Bedford Town
    2nd Yiewlsey and West Drayton <== my band, not bad - we're 3rd section
    3rd Broseley
    4th Staines
    5th Regent

6. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

There are a few up in t'north over the next few weeks. From memory, there is the NWABBA contest in Rochdale at the end of this month, then the Durham League contest in Spennymoor on 2nd Feb and the North West Open a week later.

That's not forgetting Yeovil, and the presence of the Areas looming large on the horizon.

Sam

7. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

I mentioned this on another thread, but it's Brass at The Guild (Preston NWABBA) on the 9th of February, and Blackpool Qualifiers on the 9th of March.

8. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Newbiggen entertainment contest in Northumberland 19th January. Too soon after Christmas for our band but unfortuanely I am carrying a trombone on stage with a local band. Didn't dare saying playing a trombone in case I get sued. I might get lucky and play alright but I doubt it:lol: