Does anyone know anything about Zone One Brass??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by twigglet, Jan 7, 2004.

1. twigglet

twigglet Member

Starting to think about looking for a band in London eventually, and although some nice people e-mailed me last time, they all seemed a bit far out for me to travel.

Mr Jessop-smythe suggested Zone One Brass, I read a clip about them on 4barsrest and it sounds perfect for me, was just wondering if anyone knew anymore about them or if they have a website of anything?

Their conductor is Simon Dobson who wrote Lydian Pictures, I know this much
  2. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Don't know a direct contact, but you should be able to get hold of them through the regional committee -
    Simon's a really nice guy (I met him a few years ago, before he was famous!!) and the band seems to be going places - so good luck.

Have you tried Regent Brass? I think they're after players at the mo.
  3. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

won't dave geoghagan or pete have a number for them elin?
  5. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Yes, go to Regent Brass!

My brother is the MD there and is slowly bringing in some decent player so they have a full team.

email him at if you want details.

6. twigglet

twigglet Member

Thanks johnflugel, just e-mailed your bro! And I'll also keep going on the zone one mission!
  7. livyarker

livyarker Member

Hi i can give you the phone number of simon dobson or mark who organises everything at zone one if u want to email me i can give it to you.

8. dont think this will help much, lol

as the subject sayz, he did write a piece called Wheal Martyn which is a damn good march, well i like it anyway so if you join zone 1 then make sure you play it, its a good march, good luck in findin the right band, all the best, CliVE, 2nd trom hebden bridge brass band