Does anyone have a recording of "Oceans"?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by shillingburyblower, Apr 3, 2005.

1. shillingburyblower

shillingburyblower New Member

I am looking for a recording of Goff Richards "Oceans". I know one was done by Breeze Brass Band in Japan, but I cant get hold of it, but also I believe the Leyland Band did a recording when it was the used for one of the Regional Contests? Any info on how to get hold of a recording would be greatly appreciated.

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Desford recorded it on 'Making Tracks' in 1990 too!

3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

This is true. The only recording I could get hold of was on the above cassette from Studio music.

4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Yes its a good recording of it:clap:

5. rachael

rachael Member

Have you checked with Steve yet Maz??........in his vast array of 200+ brass band CD's I'm sure he must have it somewhere!! :)

6. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Have you had any joy with finding this? I keep coming up against a brick wall and I have been looking for a couple of years.......:frown:

7. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

salford uni band played it last year, there is a recording of it somewhere i will see if i can get hold of it for u when i go back on monday. :D

8. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Thanks very much! I await in eager anticipation.....:D

9. shillingburyblower

shillingburyblower New Member

I've just managed to get a cassette of Desfords "Making Tracks" which features it from Keith Quinn, but I dont know if he's got another one. Check out his website www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/quinn.htm or give him a call
    :clap:

10. You can still order the CD that The Breeze Brass Band did of Oceans, I got mine from an american site, can't remeber which one but this site looks ok http://www.encoremusic.com/band/8913204.html

Not a bad standard, got Year of the Dragon on as well.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Goff Richards ``Oceans
    Leyland Band
    Breeze Brass Band
    Japan
    recording of Goff Richards
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

13. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

We have played it in two competitions in the last year and has been recorded at both of them by komodo recordings. All decent performances especially our national winning performance :) :) :)