Does Anyone Else Think Tubafran is a Girl?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by zuzanna, Sep 30, 2004.

1. zuzanna

zuzanna New Member

It has come to my attention that people are mistaking tubafran for a person of the female persuasion. This is slightly worrying as this would make me a lesbian! I know he's all handbags at dawn but.....
    Anyway, I would like to know about other band couples. In my band there are three within band and the majority seem to consist of mature men and younger women. Is this a trend in other bands? Are there no young men in banding? are old band men attractive?

2. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Old Bandsmen never die they only go out of tune.

We have a bit of a mixture. Most of us are of a similar age, but there is a mature lady or two and some youngsters as well. We gentlemen are of indeterminate years, of course. :)

3. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

I know exactly what you mean! Played for aquite a few brass bands in this area (sheffield) and every one has at least one 'older man younger woman' relationship! It MUST be a brass band thing, either that ar all the young 'uns are spoken for ;) Oh and I'm not sure about the Tubafran thing but if he is it would deffinatey make you at least a swinger!

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

It was my fault! Sorry, I could have sworn I saw his name as 'Frances'. Apologies!

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I blame David Payne for this - now my girlfriends getting confused as well. I wish to state for the record that I'm not a girl and although "fran" is often a term of endearment for ladies with the name FrancEs it can equally apply to blokes.

6. jpbray

jpbray Member

Only at weekends :D

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Sorry.........

8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

That's accepted David, I think that tongue in the cheek thing must be getting contagious at our house :rolleyes:

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Frankly, Dave, you should have known better :shock:

10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Who you calling Franky its FRAN :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Think Tubafran
    mature men
    old band men attractive
    young men
    person
  12. jpbray

jpbray Member

Dave

Not to offend our Scottish members, You had better be careful of people in skirted attire in Arran, especially if you are having orientation problems. :p :D

13. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

that would depend on what you class as old?

14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

It's all right. I've worked out who's male, female and neuter (as in 'I'm lost. Can you tell me where I am, only I'm 'neuter' this Isle.... ;-))

15. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

After leaving here and now returning you have gone from francis being a little feminine to wearing skirts and named fracEs on weekends. Zuzanna, I think you should be worried!

16. jpbray

jpbray Member

Beware of French Horn players, you never know where they are going to put their left hand.

17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

My girlfriend is a French horn player...... :)

18. jpbray

jpbray Member

Say no more ..... :p

19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Damn! I was just going to go on to the subject of handstopping....

20. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

We have a FRAN in our band BUT SHE IS A GIRL:-D

21. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

ummm.....ok!

my saxophone teacher plays the french horn!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Think Tubafran
    mature men
    old band men attractive
    young men
    person