Doctor Who Series Finale (Saturday 5th July)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by BigHorn, Jul 5, 2008.

1. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Is he really regenerating?

2. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

I don't know - they have done a really good job of keeping it quiet if he is - normally it's blasted all over the newspapers weeks and months in advance?! Will be watching it tonight! :D
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

He might regenerate into a dalek ... :rolleyes:
  4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Hope not. Like him as the Doc. Donna on the other hand...............
  5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Don't forget that we're shifted 1 second away from 'reality'....
  6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I've heard nothing about Tennant quitting. I hope he doesn't, he really is an excellent doctor. I had a quick search on Google and couldn't find anything that said he was.

We'll just have to wait and see, can't wait until tonight!!
  7. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Last thing him indoors had said was he'd just signed a new contract for an obscene amount of cash (of Jonathan Ross proportions)!

Maybe its a cunning rouse to cover up for the fact he's doing a runner???:confused:
  8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Oh yes. Well remembered, sounds like a clever 'get out of dead doctor mode' clause to me.
  9. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Anything could happen. It has been confirmed that one 'important' cast member will die. Perhaps they sacrifice themself and the doctor doesn't regenerate
  10. Don't forget something's special about Donna!
    He might start regenerating and LURVE forces him into thje same Doctot for the sake of Rose, who after all looked into the tardis, and survived.

I don't know - but I WILL NOT answer the phone while it's on!
  11. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I have heard that there is going to be (a lot of) one series without a Doctor because Tennant is doing Shakespeare (Hamlet, I think) However there is no rumour going around of him leaving Dr Who.
  12. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Apparently he partially regenerates and becomes a multitude of former doctors characters. Cue floppy hats, long scarfs, foppish old school blazer and driving around in bessie.
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- with Jon Pertwee's nose? :p
  14. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

or worzel gummidge :)

In fact wouldn't worzel gummidge make a great doctor.
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- my thoughts exactly! With Aunt Sally as his assistant ... and The Crowman threatening human existence! :oops:
  16. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Not sure what's happening with him tonight, but i hve heard he hs signed to do a load of one off specials, and should still be the doctor into 2010 when the series starts again.
    What ever hppens i wont be seeing it till past midnight, as Abigail has concert tonight!!
  17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Shall I text you to let you know what happens, Craig? ;)
  18. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

you could do... not sure what sort of reply you'd get!!!:biggrin:
  19. If he dies tonight, there's going to be a lot of tears from my 8 year daughter.

If Donna dies, I'll crack open the champagne!!
  20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Well, well! Donna's now a part time-lord ... keep the champagne on ice!