Do you think the move to a Kapitol Owned registry is Good, Bad or . . . . .

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ploughboy, Oct 27, 2012.

?

Do you think a move to a Kapitol owned registry is . . .

1. Good all round

8.5%
  2. Bad all round

68.9%
  3. Good, with some reservations

8.5%
  4. Bad, with possible exceptions

12.2%
  5. Other?!

1.8%
  1. boourns

boourns Member

Apparently these discussions took place at the contest itself, in some cases after the bands had played, so I'd doubt it. As was said earlier in the thread, one 'side' in this is much better at playing politics.

2. classicbrass

classicbrass Member

Mr Hodges did speak to the secretaries- to explain that the situation is sub-judice as part of an ongoing industrial dispute.
    The registry is issuing cards - but not checking prior to a contest the registration status of the players, which is why the bands had to supply a list of players direct to the organisers.

3. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

I definitely know of one player who was registered as a "new registration" for the Albert Hall finals without the knowledge of the band that STILL has him registered!
    I wonder how many others now have 2 (or more) registrations?

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I think that was ok prior to 1/11/2012 cos I don't think the rules said you couldnt be register with 2 registries - the new rules say you have to be registered with the registry in your country now - so Scotland bands in Scottish one, Welsh band in one in Wales and English bands in the ?,,,,,,, blow the other Welsh one ;)

5. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Except that both registrations are with BBBR Fran!

6. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Oh dear, yet another example of you not getting your facts right !

It has never been OK for a band/players to be registered with more than one registry when competing in the regionals or finals of the National Championships (check previous National rules).

trombone-john is referring to a player actually being registered with 2 bands when that player competed at RAH finals in October. This is contrary to the National rules and, if correct, it would appear that contrary to the affirmations issued from BBE that the BBBR problems were sorted and the BBBR was back up and running and fit for purpose the staff now running the BBBR failed to check that this player was not already registered before issueing the New Registration card.

This is an assumption on my part as I am not familiar with how checks are carried out before registration cards are issued but it just seems logical that before any new registrations are issued the player would be checked to make sure they are not already registered.

7. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Oh dear, a bit tetchy are`nt we?
    Anybody would think it was Fran who`d mugged you off and bitch slapped you and other the regional commitees like Kapitol have over the registry issue recently.

8. boourns

boourns Member

You put it rather more strongly than I would have, but it does seem an odd post to make in the name of the the Yorkshire committee. Very quick to condemn the BBE registry on the basis of an unfounded allegation on the internet, and eager to belittle the man who coincidentally organised a meeting to allow Yorkshire bands to actually discuss the registry changes that the committee helped wave through.

9. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

I can`t help but agree, it reads as a bit desperate and someone who is perhaps under pressure after recent events.

10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Peggy, I will respond to you privately over this and the previous example you highlighted to me

11. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Francis is fully aware of what I mean with 'facts right'.

Perhaps I should plead guilty to scratching a little itch - you may not believe it but I am human - or are we expected to accept any/all the statements on this thread without the right to reply ?

nuff said

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  12. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Going to have a little strop. When you've put in anything like the astonishing work and service into the regionals that Peggy has you earn the right to respect from bands and bandsman. I'd suggest that any comment from Peggy is taken to heart and considered carefully. Criticise with care!
    if there's one person i trust in all of this its Peggy.

13. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

This whole situation has my head in a spin, and I got lost on what was happening, and why, weeks ago! Please can someone tell me, in simple and concise terms, what the rumpus was at the start with the registry, why this new system has been initiated, where we're at now and how we got there? I don't need any scandal, just to be able to truly understand what's going on... Cheers!
    :dunno

14. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

without reading between the lines and purely going on known statements basically there was a problem at the registry this year and kapitol have decided not use it anymore for the nationals
    they've set up their own.
    other major contests have stated they're going to accept both. That's it really. Anything else from either pro or con is mostly conjecture.

15. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

As simple as that! Cheers matey! :D