Do you suffer from post area blues??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Trigger, Mar 9, 2004.

?

Do you suffer from post area blues??

1. Yes, I can't stand it when it's over

94.0%
  2. No not at all. I can't wait for it to finish

4.0%
  3. Don't really care either way

2.0%
  1. Trigger

Trigger Member

I haven't had my area yet, but the build up and the weekend away is such a laugh that it's horrible going back to normality afterwards. Just wanted to know if others suffer from post area blues? :(

2. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Isn't that a hangover???

3. Trigger

Trigger Member

Yes, I think you may be right. Perhaps I'm getting confused and it's the alcohol I get withdrawal symptoms from and not the music making! :lol: Perhaps I should change the thread??

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

no idea... area virgin till the weekend!!! wooo!

5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I know what you mean it is such a big build up to the day then in the flash of an eye it is gone, but the hangover tends to hand around for longer

6. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Despite a large infusion of alcohol Mrs Anson doesn't do hangovers! :lol:

As for post area blues - I find that if we've done well then I tend to get the blues (in the sense that I don't want it to end) a little as non-banders in your everyday life just don't appreciate your achievement, it's like a foreign language to them!

However if the result isn't too great then I'm actually pretty glad it's all over and don't even attempt to tell non-banders what I got up to at the weekend.

7. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Completely dependant on the results......I'm currently playing the chords of A,D and E on a battered old six string whilst sitting in a rocking chair on my verandah.

Sud.

8. Trigger

Trigger Member

Good luck on your first contest!! :tup

9. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Don't be fooled, he was only taking part in the drinking aspect on sunday!

10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

After our Area result this year "getting the blues" is putting it mildly! :cry:

I do feel a big anti-climax after any contest, regardless of our result. The first rehearsal back is always a bit ropey and I often wonder how a set of players that played so well [generally speaking] at the weekend can get to be so rubbish so soon! :shock: But it's generally just a post-contest hangover (playing wise that is - my beer hangover after this year was a VERY big one :guiness )

All part of the rich tapestry that is banding I suppose.......... :p

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    area
    others
    area blues
    laugh
    normality
  12. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I found playing at this years area very emotional. The lead up to and including starting to play, but once we had finished i was a complete wreck. it was really weird. couldnt stop shakeingand stuff :cry:

but within half and hour or so, i was back to my normal sane, quiet self :lol:
    cant wait for the next one now :lol:

13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I take it you went on stage zips up then Craig?

;-)

14. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

LOL, cant remember how many times i checked!!!!!

15. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Nope! not this time! still on a high from doing so well :D :D :D

16. pug_101

pug_101 Member

Not so much blues, just a massive hangover and a lip that feels so sore my trombone sounds like a chainsaw for a few days! CLASS!

17. Nat

Nat Member

i used to get the blues because i would not be able to speak to any brass friends until the next contest but now i have TMP.com to keep in touch and up to date!!!

18. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

yes i guess after such a big build up, it is an anticlimax but i have to say i was counting the days 'til we got to play something new!!bashing away at Coventry variations for two months solid rendered me a jibbering wreck!! :hammer

i am glad its over , but disappointed at the result. :cry:

Carolyn

19. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

havent got time to get the blues!! :? My band are asking whats next? can we do pontins/ aCD or more entertainments contests!!
    As for the training band, They have decided that they ALL want to do solos , duets and quartet contests....... now the senior band do too!! boy have I got my work cut out!! :wink:

20. jambo

jambo Member

I agree, time for the blues, no chance. We might get a rehersal off but then its on to the next one. Spring Belle Vue isnt a million miles away plus concerts...it just never stops.
    Marvelous! :lol:

21. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

hmm. i really enjoy the day, and it's disappointin when its all over, coz its done so quickly, but having sed that.... i dont think that i could take another rehearsal playin JUST viscaya :hammer

good result tho... 5th out of 18 in the 3rd section inthe london n southern counties...... come on brad'll!!!!!!!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    area
    others
    area blues
    laugh
    normality