Do you practice safe text?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JessopSmythe, Oct 25, 2004.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

We've seen some good examples of drunken posting on here in the past, but I had to laugh at a very surprising text message I received over the weekend. Since my company decided not to fork out on picture phones, the message just read "You have a picture message" plus the url and password to retrieve it. I was curious as I didn't recognise the senders number and even more curious when the picture message turned out to be a, quite attractive, naked female chest. Obviously, said picture got passed around the office to see if anyone could identify either the phone number or the chest. Some textual harrasment by various staff members eventually turned up the fact that the owner of both had been a little inebriated on friday night and decided to photograph herself to send to a mate. Unfortunately, she was too drunk to get the number right and sent it to some random bloke she'd never met - me:p .

The moral of the story? Camera phones and alcohol can have embarrasing results, lets make sure there's plenty of both at pontins;)
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

LMAO :lol:
  3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

yea my mate has a video mobile and got very drunk. He decided it would be very amusing to video a certain part of his anatomy and send it to someone of our course. Needless to say its noe done the rounds on emails and phones. Red faced he is very
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmmm... hopefully I'll keep my camera phone in a safe place while drunk... especially since it does videos...
  5. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

hmm i guess i'll hav a crazy story to tell when i finally get absolutely smashed, when i'm 18 or course........:rolleyes:
  6. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

what you have no funny stories now.
  7. You don't need a camera phone to embarrass yourself with texts. I've made many drunken texts / phone calls.... declaring my love for people!! It's so embarrassing in the morning!!

I used to be terrible for it so my housemate takes my phone off me now when we go on nights out !! :shock:
  8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I know exactly what you mean(not declaring my love, just sending inappropriate messages to inappropriate people usually)......
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  9. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Yeah, worst I did was when I was drunk at pontins last year, I thought I'll fone someone so I was just going through my phone book and shut my eyes and foned the number. Which happened to my Dad, He wasn't very impressed with what I'd said when I got home on the monday.......
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Ahhhh.... now I understand.... I wondered who that was off....:)
  11. I sent that to you too ?!?! :shock: All these people who think I love them.... :roll:
  12. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

you've never told me that u love me bird :( i'm a ****** for inappropriateness via text message, usually resulting in me spending another £10 to sort the issues out in the morning!
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

phew... glad I've never done anything like that...
  14. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oh no, I'm going to Pontins and I have a camera phone...:roll:
  15. DublinBass

Drunken phone that's another issue (as I don't have a camera or video phone). Already made a few of those here. Usually they end of costing a bit as at 1 or 2 am I think "who can I call now?" To which the answer is usually family or friends back in the States because of the 5 hour time change.

I remember calling my mom at 4:30am in the morning once (11:30pm EST). Luckily she was so happy I called she didn't question too much why I called so late!
  16. deave

deave Member

i never ring people when i'm ****ed !
  17. DublinBass

I don't think any of us intended to when the night starts just sorta happens