Do You have your Uniform Dry Cleaned ?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by iancwilx, Feb 27, 2005.

?

HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE YOUR UNIFORM CLEANED ?

1. Once a year

20 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Twice a year

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Less

9 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Never

26 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

How often do you have your stage uniform dry cleaned ?
    Do you smell of Roses on stage, or do your mates shuffle their chairs away from you?

2. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i really need to get mine done :)
    ive got loads thou! other bands jackets and stuff!!
    nice collection in my dads wardrobe
    kel x

3. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i get mine cleaned because i like to smell nice on stage and not put my friends off!

4. mp_TRMB

mp_TRMB Member

In my band we hand them in and get them dry cleaned for free :-D

Although we do have to pay a £10 deposit on our band jackets to take them out of the band hall which is refunded when u leave the band, lol!

5. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

We are wearing shirts and waistcoats now, so not really an issue here! ;-)

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Seeing as how I still don't have one :hammer I haven't gotten it cleaned yet!!

7. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

Just got mine cleaned last week!

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

For the vast majority of concerts I am in a DJ (not being in any band that requires uniform), mine gets dry-cleaned frequently, much more often than twice a year.
    I know people who hardly ever seem to get their "work-clothes" cleaned - not a pleasant experience sitting next to them.

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

My blue uniform gets cleaned several times a year; as for the red festival tunic, it depends to some extent how often it's been used, but probably only once or twice a year.

10. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Although stage jackets are marked as dry clean only it is possible to wash them as long as you are careful. A friend who works in a dry cleaners advised me how to do this.

Put through machine on a wool wash
    As soon as cycle is finished take jacket out and press gently with a medium iron while still wet.
    Hang on a proper jacket coat hanger to dry.

It does work and my jacket usually comes out looking great but I do not take any responsibility if it doesn't work on yours.i.e. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Roses
    stage uniform dry
    mates
    chairs
  12. Patkin

Patkin New Member

Sounds a bit complicated michelle for me, but there again I'm only a male, things like that are best left to me other half..by the way congrats to Murton for promotion to 2nd section, would have been nice to have seen you gone up as winners but that's contests...

13. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

I'll b looking out for disfigured jackets at the comin Area contests to see how many of us have tried this theory lololol

14. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Got to keep the beer fumes off the walking out jacket somehow, so get it cleaned after whit friday (a must!) and then usually later in the year - whiff dependant! The stage jacket doesn't need it quite so often.

15. ray_ed

ray_ed Member

got to have it done at least twice a year...usually more...... the hot carnival/marching season gets it a bit sweaty...urgh!!:eek:

16. sopranoplayer

sopranoplayer Member

washing ur jacket

I wouldn't advise this...
    A player in our band had been complaining for a while about his jacket being smelly although they had taken it to the dry cleaners on 3 occasions...to their suprise, when they arrived home one evening the jacket was drying after being put in the washing machine by their other half...
    So now we have a band full of red jackets and 1 pink one!!!!!!!!

17. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

As I said you do have to be careful and only use a gentle wool wash but it is something I've done several times with no problems at all

18. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I usually have to have mine cleaned after each weekend trip (five or six times a year, generally), mainly because my position as quartermaster means that I've probably been in the luggage compartment under the bus at least a couple of times.

19. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Looks like us dirty beggars that never have em cleaned are in the lead on this one.

Some of the stains on my jacket are like battle honours - I haven't got the heart to have it cleaned!!!

20. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

You might think that I'm being a bit of a tart but I like to have a nice clean uniform. Both my walking out and dress jackets get used regularly during the year at both concerts and contests, but, as a rule I like to get both of my jackets dry cleaned the week leading up to any contest. Maybe it's just me, anyone else out there do that?

21. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Nooooooooooooo ...... of course not. :wink:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Roses
    stage uniform dry
    mates
    chairs