Do you have an objective opinion about the standed of your own band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by grandmothersclock, Jun 1, 2008.

1. I have just read a letter posted on the 4bar "your comments" stating..."the only 2 bands at the Masters placed 6th and 18th" (Fodens and Carlton Main).
    What about the other bands there? Is this just another appauling example of elitism?
    What about Faireys, YBS, Desford, Tred etc...Are they not good bands then?
    Carlton did well at the area but have turned nothing up before or since. Is that one good recent result enough for them to be called "a band!!"?
  2. ballyhorn

ballyhorn Member

I think he mean't the only two bands to put on a performance..(in his opinion) I'm sure he wasnt suggesting that those were the only two decent bands at the contest..
  3. holy_mary

holy_mary New Member

Of course this isn't elitsm!!

Frickley have been on an upward trend since last year - we have every right to do well as anyone else.............
  4. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Just read it....has to be a typo....surely!!!
  5. brianatb

brianatb Member

do you have an

:D Every competition that involves music has got to to have people that have different views. think R and B,Punk,Classical ,Folk.Bla Bla Bla,(Brass Bands).Our musical taste is a reflection on our influencess as a child.Hence so many family members in one musical organisation.Hope this make sense,it does to me. :clap:
  6. Splitzer

Splitzer Member

My band is rubbish, i know it, so do they.
  7. I'm not having a pop at Frickley, merely stating that this gentleman seems to have disregarded the other competitors as also rans!