Do you have a famous relative?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Sep 22, 2004.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Well! Do you?

Well i do (or will soon enough anyway!)

My cousin is one of the stars in a new British made science fiction tv show.

the show is called StarHyke, and is currently in preproduction.

have a look at for more info.

Well thats enough about me and mine, tell us about you and yours!
  2. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Roy my hubby has been on Blue Peter :) :) :)
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Not really, but I share a surname with that hairy one from Boyzone and two of the girls from B*Witched (remember them?)

What channel's your cousin going to be on? I can impress people with yet another tenuous link to stardom...
  4. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

My mum once went out with Adam Faith. He was on the TV and he almost became a relative. well technically at the time i wasnt born but whos arguing.
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

they are still talking about which channel it'll be on, but as soon as i know, believe me so will you lot!
  6. rutty

rutty Active Member

7. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

My mum is related by marriage to Peter Kay
  8. Di

Di Active Member

My daughter has been on telly playing the Floral Dance ;) .

Oh yea, and so have I. :D
  9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ive appeared on telly 3times! royal horse guards parade celebrating the late queen mothers 100th birthday, also twice on songs of praise i think! been on radio twice performing (church choir, and school choir)
  10. brass journo

brass journo Member

My husband was on Blockbusters!!! (he'll kill me when he finds this!!)

Sadly for me, not related, but I did go to school for about 10 years with Lady Victoria Harvey and her sister Isabella!!
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

WOW! What a coincidence, so have I!!
  12. mikelyons

My mum also went to the same school as Hilda Baker
  13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Let's not forget the merry band of idiots from tMP who all volunteered to appear in the Musicians category on one of the first shows on 'Test the Nation' where I had the pleasure of sitting next to the author of the first post in this thread...:)

Good fun was had by all....:)
  14. mikelyons

<--tugs forelock and gets down on one knee in awe. (Needs a lift back up again :) )
  15. Di

Di Active Member

^ Was on telly with Sally James at said Floral Dance Day :p

Oooops wrong thread !
  16. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Rory McGrath (of they think it's all over fame) used to fancy my mum apparently! But she was with someone else at the time so she kept turning him down..... So he could have been my dad! N I bet he's really rich too tut!
  17. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

George Washington (yes the real one with the wooden teeth and the cherry tree, etc) is an ancestor of my mother! Oooh I can see you're all impressed --- nooottt!!!

And i used to sit next to Bryan Robson (England footy captain from80's ) bro in maths and english at school wow! even more impressive-- noootttt!!!
  18. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

One of my great aunts always used to claim that she could trace our family tree back to Oliver Cromwell. I've inherited all of her research and I've yet to find convincing evidence but you never know.
  19. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i am related to Rick Astley

"Never gonna give you up, never gone let you down..." classic!

ooo and oliver twist...of course :rolleyes:
  20. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Quite simply...I have no famous relatives, not recent ones anyway!