Do you ever forget a birthday?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Kari Anson, Jan 6, 2004.

?

So what do you think?

1. I'm already registered!

97.8%
  2. Great idea - will register now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Am far too organised - would never need this type of service.

2.2%
  1. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Many of you may have come across this already, or if you're even luckier some kind tmp member may have already shared it with you. However just in case none of the above has happened - I thought I'd do the honours.

www.birthdayalarm.com

It's a website that you can register on free of charge and only takes a few minutes. It then sends a message out to the contacts that you choose and asks them to register their birthdays for you. Then it sends you an e-mail reminder to you just before the event so that you have time to purchase a card/present or make a phonecall etc.

There's no need to ever miss a birthday again - unless it's Great Aunt Hilda's who doesn't have internet access. :lol:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Many
    none
    need
    Great Aunt Hilda
  3. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

AOL have their own version. Not that we need it as my wife is in charge of all birthdays. I only remember mine, hers and the children's.

4. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Perhaps we should send it to Norris Cole in Coronation Street?!?!?

5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

My mobile does the same thing...I think it also rings them as well as me at the precise time/day

6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Sounds like a great idea - but the only names & dates I'd know to register are the ones I've got on the calendar already, so there doesn't seem much point?!
    I've got the best alarm in the world already - the mother in law!

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

As I've now hit 40, the one person's birthday I'd rather forget is mine! :wink:

8. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

mine does too except mine sends a text message. Although i am pretty good at remembering dates, i never usually miss birthdays.

9. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

the one I usually forget is my own! how old am I again?

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I thought leprechauns were ageless :shock: :!: :wink:

11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Does this not cause a problem?

"Why are you sending me an email asking for my birthday?"
    "Errr..."
    "You do know when my birthday is don't you?"
    "Of course!"
    "So..."
    "Sooooo...?"
    "When is it?"
    "Errrr...."

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Many
    none
    need
    Great Aunt Hilda
  13. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

For all the family and close friends I've obviously already got their birthdays marked on the calendar. I have used this service to find out new friends birthdays (who would only get a card and not a present too), should I say aquaintences who I'd like to send a birthday card to. However I did send it to a few people I already knew too - just to be sure! I mean come on Rog, have I EVER forgot your birthday? I think not - yet I still sent it to him!

14. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

I'm registered with a different service, it's called a wife :!: :wink:

Cheers, Greg.

15. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I refused to sign up to it. Someone at work discovered it while I was out of the office. It snowballed. I came back to find 37 emails asking for my birthday. I deleted them and refused to have anything to do with it! :lol: :lol:

16. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I deliberately forget everyone's birthday in the hope that they will forget mine. It seems to work, except for wife and mother.

I tried it with Christmas last year too, but with conspicuously less success.

D

17. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i should tell my dad to register with that because he doesnt know MY birthday, and he also got my mums birthday wrong (but not to her face).
    i wonder if he knows my twin brother has the same birthday as me??

18. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

I'm terrible with birthdays, don't exactly forget just fail to send presents in time. Forgot mothers day last year :oops:

19. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

YES!! the birthday alarm has saved me a few times-i'm very disorganised!!!
    THANK YOU BIRTHDAY ALARM!!!!!!! :D

Carolyn