Disney!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dawnys_flug, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Are Disney films and programs for kids only?
    I happen to be one of the biggest disney fans and so are a lot of people i know! The films are just fantastic!! And i got loads of Disney stuff for my birthday so i'm all made up!!! :D
    And my younger relatives don't seem to appreciate how good disney is!! Disney is supposedly for children but is Disney lost on them??
    I think so!!!

Also what is your favourite Disney film and character?

Mine are: Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The fox and the hound and the Lion King. I love them all but they are my faves! :p

Over to you!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Disney
    :D
    Mary Poppins
    favourite Disney film
  3. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

yeah, they aint just for kids!

i actually like lion king still, but don't watch i anymore (much) becasue, erm.. its for kinds 8)

4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I like all the Disney films that I've seen.. (which is probably quite a lot). Can't say I have a favourite although I love Beauty and the Beast. Definitely not just for kids!

5. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Disney for kids? Are you insane? I thought that whole kiddie thing was just a cunning smokescreen to make adults feel better about wanting to know what happens next to a bunch of cute animated beasties, and knowing the words to the cheesy songs! :lol:

6. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

All I know is that I'm fed up playing the theme tunes to them :evil:
    :!:
    Tromgod insists we play 'Beauty and the Beast' but I think we've finaly managed to confine it to the library :!: :lol:

7. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

Oh yeah I just couldn't get enough of that one!

I always think of it as musical puke :!:

8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Disney has scarred me for life... I remember a GCSE Media lesson where as an example our teacher asked "Who owns at least one Disney video?" to which seemingly everyone raised their hand, so she continued "Lets make this easier then, who doesn't?" and there was my hand, feeling very small and lonely at the back of the room... All she could say was "Really? You sad child..." which obviously ruined any interest I had in Media for the rest of my life... I've never seen Bambi, Fantasia scared the crap out of me when I was very small and I try to avoid anything they make, although Pixar seem to dilute the Disney evil so I could manage Finding Nemo... So really I think for the good of the children, Disney should be banned, and all traces of their movies burned and forgotten, forever!

9. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I LOVE DISNEY SOUNDTRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Mermaid was exciting, Beauty and the Beast was passionate (although I do feel Disney omitted some of the really good songs from the Broadway version), Poccahontas and Hunchback were unique, and Hercules grows on you!!

Plus all the claqssics - Pete's dragon was cool (with an Aussie in it too!!), Mary Poppins is the ultimate in inner London life :wink: and Bedknobs and broomsticks was fascinating!!!

Still getting used to the new disney format (less songs but what's left are absolute gems) but they'll live!

10. Okiedokie of Oz

BTW, I've also never owned a Disney video. My first keeper from Disney was Monsters Inc on DVD

11. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Disney kicks ass.
    I know every word to Beauty and the Beast.

"I need, six eggs, that's too expensive....."

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Disney
    :D
    Mary Poppins
    favourite Disney film
  13. Okiedokie of Oz

When I was a boy I ate four dozen eggs
    every morning to help me get large

But I'm all grown I eat 5 dozen eggs
    so I'm roughly the size of a barge!!!!!!!

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I must confess to not being a great fan of Disney: they strike me as being very arrogant, often taking an existing story, moulding it into their own image, and then trying to impose that view on everyone else.

Some of the copyright battles they have been involved in have gone to extremes - I believe they hold the copyright on the names of the seven dwarves, and they've been in an ongoing fight with A.A.Milne's estate over Pooh, where their saccharine version is far inferior to the original, in my opinion. Also, when the film "The Slipper and the Rose" was made, they were unable to call it "Cinderella" as Disney held the copyright!

Some of their films have good points, ideally when their not based on a familiar story, although I think they've been pulled up with a start now there are other production teams rivalling and surpassing them in animation and computer-generated techniques.

I just wish they had a more "live and let live" approach to things.

15. Steve

Steve Active Member

Pocahontas (sp) was hot, disney rocks!! :roll:

16. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

The supporting cast of "The Little Mermaid" were hot too!

17. andyp

andyp Active Member

The two best things Disney have ever done are Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, most of their films although very good have that American saccharine touch that always grates on me a little. That said I've got Finding Nemo to watch yet!
    The thing that always impresses me with Disney is the amount of detail they put into their animations. If you have the time and a DVD player, run a bit in slow-motion or pause for a while and you'll see just how much effort goes in, particularly the backgrounds, even for a shot that may last only a second or two.
    Fanstasia 2000 is our most played DVD by far, cos our 18-month old daughter loves it, and if she won't go to bed it always calms her down. She must be the only child who can chill out to "Pines of Rome" :!:

18. dyl

dyl Active Member

Haven't seen them, but I've bought Fantasia on DVD for my son's 4th birthday next week! Absolutely love the work of Pixar - Toy Story, Bug's Life, Monsters Incand Finding Nemo - they're part Disney films aren't they! ;)

19. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Could always play Disney Fantasy!!

Or that tune from the Wizard of Oz, I think it is the Trombone solo from English Heritage.

Igg

20. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Not any more (I think).

Disney and Pixar (the companies) had a massive bust up recently and there was talk of the partnership breaking up.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

21. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Hello everyone! Got to say that the little mermaid has some great songs in it, but the tigger movies is by far the best disney file EVER!!!!!

22. Heather

Heather Member

I agree most of the Disney soundtracks are superb but as for the films, they're all great but 'Snow White' has to be my favourite.