Disgusting eaters!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ginge, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

I cannot stand it when people make so much noise when eating.
    When my flatmate is eating in the same room as me i have to leave the room. I try not to eat at the same time as him as it simply puts me off my food. I thought he was messing around the first time but he actually eats like that!
    The noises he makes are disgusting! It's the mouth open suliver noise that really annoys me!
    It's not only the chewing bit that makes the noise, it's simply opening the mouth to shovel more in makes a horrible noise. He seems to try and suck hot food into his mouth if you know what i mean.
    Another one is the grunt, as if it's a struggle to eat. Like he's too unfit to put food in his mouth.
    Also, SLURPING drinks!!! Oh my god... this is really disgusting! WHY??? Is there really a need to do that!
    Sorry, i'm just moaning to you all but it has really got on my nerves and i needed to say this somewhere.

Anyone else feel this way about anyone?
  2. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Its the emminations from the other end that you really have to worry about.
  3. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Sounds like you need to move house, mate :)
  4. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Yes, but try not to move in with a tea taster
  5. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

In fairness to the original poster - I can completely sympathise. It's a wierd thing to suffer from, but I have real problems with it. I can't bear to hear people eat. Chewing gum is a real issue for me especially, but bad eating habits generally are the bane of my life.

Strange but true.
  6. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

I am exactly the same with people who speak with their mouths full...makes me want to scream...I have been tempted in restaurants before, to say something to people who are speaking whilst giving the rest of us full view of the contents of their mouth....bleeeuuuuurrgghh

Noisy eaters as well...they should be shot. Also people who bite their cutlery when they eat.
  7. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

The thing I hate the most about people eating is the mess they leave behind. My school is covered in chewing gum and discarded food at the end of the day. Despite everything we do and as much vigilance as the staff can muster the place still looks like a pig bin at 3:00. I dread to think what their homes are like. :eek:
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Noisy eaters, people who eat with their mouths open, and litter droppers. All deserve a bayonet through the neck. There's just no excuse for it. :mad:

FATNBALD Member

you havin a bad day mate:D
    I think a bayonet is abit extreme, shotgun would be much better:D:D
  10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I just fancied having a vent. This seemed like the ideal thread to do it in. :biggrin:
  11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah i agree that noisy eaters are quite disgusting. When I was kid if I chewed with my mouth open, "chomped" my food, or generally made any excess noise when eating, i'd get a clout round the lugs. I know people who are really noisy eaters and I try not to let it bother me, but nothing that will put you off your food quicker than someone who's unable to eat quietly!

This is about my only pet hate.
  12. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Give him one of our 64oz Rump Steaks to eat that will keep him quiet:biggrin:
  13. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I've always found the level of passion that some people work up about some things that others can't really help deeply baffling [I'm talking about things like involuntary chewing noises, not voluntary failures of manners like eating with the mouth open]. Why is it objectionable? How does it wind you up? What's the mechanism?

Explain it to me. I fail to understand it almost completely...
  14. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

It's when full safety gear (goggles, ear defenders and a mask) is required Dave. That is the wind up mechanism that I find objectionable. If you fail to understand this brief explanation, you will find an almost complete... answer down at Perkys pork pie shop at the 10 o'clock tea break.