Disgraceful Bolton

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I went to Bolton vs Newcastle at the Reebok last night, and I sat in the away stand, in all honesty, although I was with the Newcastle fans, I initially wanted to see the Northwest side win.

However, I was amazed that I was watching a side with a place in Europe, they were not good enough for the premiership, let alone anything else. Had they been playing a decent side they'd have been embarrased.

I was quite shocked at how poor Bolton were, although they had more chances in the first half, Newcastle played much better football. The second half wasnt much better, with a bright start from Bolton, then Newcastle held firm. To be honest I would have said a draw would have been fair, and wouldnt complain at Bolton winning 1 - 0, but 2 - 0 didnt accurately reflect the difference between the teams.

The ground is a mess, its smaller than it looks from the 61, it was filthy, there are not enough toilets, the beer is rubbish and overpriced, the pies were cold and worst of all were the fans. I couldnt believe that I was in the away stand, as the Newcastle stand were twice as loud as everyone else, even though we only took up about 10% of the capacity. The Bolton fans were pathetic.

I dont think i'll waste the money going there again when City visit, theres a better atmosphere in the pub, plus it costs a quarter of the price...

rant over...

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Newcastle
    Bolton
    Reebok
    Northwest
    Europe
  3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

I know highlights can be deceiving but Bolton looked pretty decent to me. Very well worked first goal from the Spitman himself. Slick, direct passing with clinical finish.

Although Michael Owen would improve most teams he would join, Newcastle to me look like a team that needs better defenders and more committed midfielders.

Cannot comment on the heat of Boltons or crowd noise however!

4. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Yeah, Newcastles defence were not aware enough, their were several occasions they didnt pull back until it was too late. But they do need someone else up front.

The first goal was deserved, a decent goal, Newcastle should have had a man on it, they didnt, Bolton punished them for it. But most of the play was in the middle of the field, the passing and tackling was sharper and cleaner from Newcastle, and when Emre and Dyer return, they could turn out to be a reasonable squad. Bolton just didnt deserve either the three points or a European place with that effort.