Discrimination...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Naomi McFadyen, Feb 25, 2004.

?

have you been discriminated against?

1. Yes

94.4%
  2. No

5.6%
  1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Have you been discriminated against?

I have... and
    IT IS EVIL!!!!
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    red
    Discrimination
    evil
    size
    color
  3. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

Discriminated on what basis - because you come from Devon, that's understandable :lol:

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

and who let you out of the kitchen to complain?????

5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Windows is evil, discrimination is evil, insurance claims are evil, and drummers are....... :oops: I mean, they're not...they're...umm....

Yes discrimination is a nasty thing, and although noone should have to put up with it, it is at the moment a (yucky) fact of life, like taxes and practice!

6. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

if it's cos you play percussion then it's understandable :D :D

7. jambo

jambo Member

or can't type...

Actually, I feel that this discrimination lark is going the wrong way now. Take employment for example, it appears tha you're more likely to get a job if you're a Black, one legged muslim lesbian with language difficulties than if you're a white, educated straight fully able male, due to the positive discrimination laws at the moment. Both equally employable and as worthy a person as the next but whats with the discrimination against the unchallenged person.
    I infact couldn't apply for a training contract with Huddersfield Council Legal services department because I wasn't disabled or from an ethnic minority (under-represented groups) and thats LEGAL!

My oppinion, it has gone too far, each to their own and survival of the fittest. Treat everyone equally and fairly, but leave it there. Positive discrimination....
    :evil:

BTW naruco, whats the point of your post...care to elaborate or do we have to guess. Most people get discriminated against but, do you mean at work, in band because you're a) female, b)southern c) left wing d)white e) any other.
    Plus, having stated that you have been discriminated against, you no doubt have our sympathy however, do ou now seek councelling from the forum, debate on remedies to this discrimination...what?

I'm sure we can help, please expand as this topic is very vague.
    :roll:

8. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Yes, I have, and it sucks big time... :(

9. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

It's political correctness gone mad...

*runs away before members of another forum catch him saying this*

10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I have been, not a very nice thing to happen, but it seems quite a common thing to be honest! :? :(

11. shedophone

shedophone Member

's all a bit PC for me.

But i guess it depends what you mean. I'd like to join Grimey or Faireys, but i'd need the 'op' first- thats certainly discrimination!

(not that they'd want me anyway but you know what i mean)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    red
    Discrimination
    evil
    size
    color
  13. rutty

rutty Active Member

Diamond insurance wouldn't insure my car because I'm not a girl - that's discrimination that is! Plus I'm not old enough to join SAGA. Hrrrumph :x

14. Dan

Dan Member

I think the majority of people experience some form of discrimination just in everyday life. I suppose it depends what kind of discrimination you are referring to. Also how someone would discriminate.

We all freqeuntly hear jokes about the Englishman, the Irishman and the Scotsman etc etc. People would generally laugh at those kinds of jokes, but if someone mentioned a joke about the Jewish Man, the Muslim Man and the Sikh there would be uproar and you would be labelled racist.

To me it all seems a bit PC too I am afraid, but then I have never really experienced any discrimination that has either affected me personally or that has been particularly nasty. Maybe I would change my views if that happened.

What kind of Discrimination Naomi, or do you not want to say?

15. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Yes, Being a white, middle-class male graduate car-owner I get discriminated against every day.

16. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i wanted to join Man United 1st team, but i cant 'cause im girl

17. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

:x :evil: thats not nice miss!!!!!

18. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

discrimiated against what? i cant do a poll answer cuz i dont know what i ahve/havnt been discriminated against!???

please deatil further for more responses- and dont be so vague- its hard to mindread when you cant see the person.... :roll: :lol: :shock:

19. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

discriminated against from anything...
    simple question really....

The poll hasnt been up 24 hours yet! :roll:

20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well the odd irish joke here, and the odd trombonist joke there tend to come up now and then... can't say it bothers me particularly, because I don't think these people are going to firebomb my house for being an irish trombone player....

21. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Hello??? An Aussie hanging around a UK forum???? Discrimination capital!!!!!!!!

See remarks on page 1 about shoe polish :wink:

22. jambo

jambo Member

Welcome to the Lion's den!

Anyway, we wouldn't discriminate against you for being an Auzzie, if we did we simply wouldn't allow you on here.

Taking the mick however is a different ball game, just thicken up that skin.
    :lol: