Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by groovy, Aug 29, 2004.

1. groovy

groovy Active Member

Hover yer mouse over a thread in the forum.
    Oooooh! :metal: :clap: :-D
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

hehe... seems as though the pain experienced by me during the migration has been worthwhile then eh... :):)

Glad you like it...
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea I noticed that yesterday for the first time I think it was.... very cool :)
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Here's another 'hidden extra' - at the bottom left and right of each post's box there's a light grey image. Clicking on it takes you back to the top of the page.
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

That function's cool. As is the quick reply! Use that a lot! :D
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

It was all worth it John

TIMBONE Active Member

If I use quick reply, what do I lose, or more important, what do YOU loose?
  8. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

You lose the ability to edit the quote, you lose the WYSIWYG editor. So you have to know the codes for the smileys etc...
  9. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Wow! This is all news to me! This is going to make searching topics so much more painless. Although it slightly nags me that you have to click on a quick reply button on someone's post to actually just quick reply! This is mostly personal preference though and I certainly don't have any probs with it.
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Dave

There is a togle on that option but I thought it best to turn it on to avoid mistakes being made through inadvertant mouse clicks/touch pad movements/touch buttons etc . I know on my laptop, the touch pad is very sensitive, as is the little button in the centre of the keyboard which when I accidentally hit it during a post, sometimes causes the pointer to move elsewhere on the screen.

... and besides, you have to make a decision to post then yeah...:)

11. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

It's also to correctly align the replies, so that the system knows what's a reply to what. If anyone's using the "threaded" view, then they should be able to see at a glance what's a reply to what.