Disappointing cd?

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by barry toan, Mar 29, 2004.

1. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Attended the concert in Lancaster PA last night and they seemed to be selling well, although the band seemed concerned that they would sell out. Guess the new stock hadn't caught up with them yet.

2. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

The band actually ran out of Jubilee at the next concert in Columbus.
    The next stock 'pick up' was due in Indianapolis the day after Columbus.
    Indianapolis were asked to send this stock to Columbus but, unfortunately, they only sent 1 box from the consignment of 5 and this box didn't contain any copies of Jubilee!
    The remaining 4 boxes were collected in Indianapolis.
    Jubilee was sold out again at the bands' last venue in Rockford ensuring that they returned to the UK with no stock of this!

3. Bariman

Bariman Member

How many did you shift altogether?

4. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

I had the opportunity to hear the ISB on Saturday in Chicago, and I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. I have to join in the general praise here for "Glorifico Aeternum", which I thought was the high point of the program. I was sitting with several other members of PBB, and our concensus was that we'd like to see it on our stands sometime soon!

Great sound from the ISB, and a great hall to hear them in (Orchestra Hall, the home of the CSO). Too bad that we don't get more chances to hear brass bands in venues like that. Something to work towards, I guess... :)

-Lothian

5. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

I won't tell you that, however we feel that sales on this particular ISB tour were boosted by several factors;
    1) An SP&S employee was taken on the trip to oversee all CD/DVD sales rather than a band member trying to do it.
    2) Credit cards were accepted.
    3) 14 different titles were available for purchase, not just the latest release.

6. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

What a fantastic venue to play in!
    We used the CSO changing rooms and I searched out the locker for the CSO tuba player, Gene Porkorny.
    Chris Moyse, one of our front row cornets, paid homage to the locker belonging to the legendary trumpet player Adolf Herseth!

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I bought one of the remaingin 20 or so in Columbus. Maybe I live a sheltered life, or just like the more meelow and less bright sound of the SA bands, but I thought the CD was well worth the money.

PJH

8. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Do you reckon shes actually a sales rep for Bose??!

10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :lol:
    Ouch Peter! She's gone full throttle to retaliate!!!! :?

11. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Don't worry Peter. We'll all be your 'seconds' :wink: :D