Disappearing postings

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by PeterBale, Apr 3, 2003.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I am beginning to wonder if something sinister is going on. The following was posted by valvecap this morning, but has not appeared on the relevant page:

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Peter

No idea as to what's happened there sorry. I'll take a look into it for you. Nothing sinister going on from my point of view though! :shock:

3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I can see what Peter means.

Valvecaps posting should have started page 18. But page 18 was not available. I placed a posting after Valvecaps and page 18 appeared. I Deleted my post and Valvecaps disappeared too.

4. TheMusicMan

5. TheMusicMan

Roger - I can see the page though!!! hmmm... what's happening huh?
  6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a bug in the forum software

If you look at John's link above, you'll see that it's on Page 18 of 17

so the post actually exists in the database, but the paging seems to be screwed up a bit. If a new posting is made after this one, they will likely both appear. - as what happened when Roger posted.

As I said, seems to be a software bug - perhaps one of the issues dealt with in that new version John?

Peter - nothing sinister going on here.. I can assure you of that!
  7. TheMusicMan

I think you're right sir! thanks.

I'm going to report this as a bug in the software I use here on theMouthPiece.com to the developers. As soon as I here as to what the issue(s) are, I'll report it back here. In the meantime, it does appear to be working...
  8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

argh my post is not on here either!!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Following your link on the previous posting works, but if you notice it is listed as Page 18 of 17!!!! If you go into Rehearsal Room and then try the topic heading there is still nothing showing. I read the initial posting by clicking on valvecap and tracing his posts. Must be a gremlin in the system - maybe one of the other forums is jealous!
  10. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I've seen this a couple of times now. If you know a posting is there but can't access it, click 'reply' and the message will appear below the reply box.

Just a software glitch I guess...I've managed not to lose sleep over it.

11. TheMusicMan

Neal - Yep, I am reliably informed from one of the Support Team at phpBB that this issue is adressed in 2.0.4 - phew..... thank goodness for that. Now all I have to do is upgrade.... aaarrgggghhhhhh