Dinnington Colliery

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Toby, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Toby

Toby Member

We're urgently seeking a good solid front row cornet player and a principal EEb bass to complete the band for the Nationals.

The band is based near Rotherham and rehearses on Sundays (6-8) and Wednesdays (7.30-9.30)

If interested, phone Joan Herdman on 01909 566594

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    EEb
    Joan Herdman
    Dinnington Colliery
    Nationals
    Rotherham
  3. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Couldn't you tempt James back then Toby.
    I thought about applying myself when I decided to leave Oughtibridge but Beth said there were only young people playing for Dinnington and I would look silly :(
    Isn't it nice to have supportive children :!:

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I would offer my services but I'm playing at Wychavon the next day and i will have only been back in Sheffield for about a week anyway!

Good Luck

5. timbloke

timbloke Member

Whychavon is the week later... at least I hope it is cos I'm in dundee and supposedly at whychavon.

When r u back colin?

6. geordiecolin

Yeah it is the next week, Nationals on the 20th, Wychavon 28th,

I'm back the week before Wychanon for final rehearsals etc, since i won't have played with Dronfield since June! Expect me back in Sheffield on the 19thish. Even with the realisation of Wychavon's date, I am afraid I still can't help out Dinnington due to immense lack of rehearsals etc. I'm commited to work here in the North East until the 17th Sept

7. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

You can't just help out for the Nationals anyway Colin.
    You have to be signed with the band and then you can't return to your own band for at least 6 months which would mess the Areas up

8. geordiecolin

I realised I would have to have signed for Dinnington for the Nationals but didn't realsise about the 6 months! I knew you could only do 2 transfers a year though, but not about this 6 month rule!

Oh well, doesn't matter anyway I suppose. But does Timbloke realise this, if he intends to do the Nationals with another band and then return to Dronfield, or is he just not telling us something???!! :eek: :eek: :wink:

9. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

A good rule I think stops people just guesting for the nationals.

perhaps you should ask him that :wink:

10. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

He does know this! I'm the contest secretary at Dronfield now and have had to get the transfer form for him!

Tip for this time next year Rachel: Don't fall for the 'You've got 6 weeks with nothing to do (what about lesson plans and schemes of work :wink: ) why don't you do all the jobs nobody else in band wants to do' line.

11. timbloke

timbloke Member

The plan is sign for Stanley Newmarket now (August) then six months down the line is February which gives me a month to re-sign for whoever i wish, be that dronfield or someone else.

That's the plan... if it doesn't work then i could always have a break from contesting!! well. maybe.

Incidently... Dinnington Colliery... Have been re-designing it today, must pop up there soon to see the site and what it looks like - drawings don't show much!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    EEb
    Joan Herdman
    Dinnington Colliery
    Nationals
    Rotherham
  13. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Looks like Timbloke didn't return to Dronfield then :(

Tim
    Congratulations on your new position.
    Lots of players at Stannington used to play for Oughtibridge so say hello to them for me.
    They are Matt - percussion, Ged - solo Euph, Alaster - Bass, Charlotte - Sop, Phil -cornet (not sure if he's still there)
    Hope I've not forgotton anyone - anyway they are a great crew and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there.
    I was tempted to see if there was a position there for me but the practice on a Sunday wouldn't suit me at all