Dinnington Colliery Band require Tutti cornet/EEb Bass/Kit Player

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by kaybrookes@live.co.uk, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone
    A Happy New Year to all our fellow bandsmen/woman from DINNINGTON COLLIERY BAND. Why not make it a Happy Banding New Year? If you are looking for a band or just a change, why not join DCB we have a lovely set up with a good social side as well as the playing side of things. We are just a couple of players short on the line-up. Our M.D. Jonathan Beatty is the nicest most easy going 'Man in the middle' that you could wish to meet but nevertheless his approach works, we keep getting the results. WHY NOT COME AND GIVE US A TRY You could be going to Butlins with us and the Yorkshire Area. We have qualified for the National Finals for the past 2 years who knows, we could be 3rd time lucky. Contacts are on our website www.dinningtoncollieryband.co.uk We are only minutes away from J1/M18 or J31/M1

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi EveryoneA
    Happy New Year
    Tutti
    EEb
    Happy Banding
  3. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

I agree Jonathan is a smashing bloke, but I would not give the Dinnington Band house room, this is first hand the way I was treated by certain members of the "Family", before I had a chance to play.

4. Dinnington Colliery Band

Thanks for your reply. This ad was not put on to get into a slanging match but I feel I must reply as I am not aware of anyone being insulted by my family we have always been more than accomodating to visitors. How do we know this is not just sour grapes from a rival band, after all I do put my real name and anyone can contact me via our website why don't you have the courage to do the same. A Happy New Year to you and your band.

5. nook1938

I am not in a Band at the present due to having all my front teeth out, I also was not in a Band when I was invited down for a blow and was presented with a cornet which I would not give to a Learner, if you call that accomodating to visitors.
    There is no sour grapes as you put it, just someone who is disgusted with the way I was treated.
    My name is John Smith.
    Happy New Year to you as well.

6. Dcb

On reflection I realised it could only be you because you left to nip to the toilet and didn't even come back after our Principal tested the so called poor Sovereign but ' hey ho' as the saying goes 'a poor workman always blames his tools'.We are proud to say that all the players that have come through out bandroom door have stayed.

7. nook1938

On reading your latest reply, what a load of garbage. All the players have stayed, why are you advertising?

8. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

For goodness sake, folks, ket's keep it friendly. It's New Year!

Barry Brookes
    (not related to any of the Dinnington Brookes's)

9. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Dosen't have to be christmas or new year, If you don't wanna join, don't! Let people decide themselves!

10. DcbOn

Thanks EEb Bass and Stella all I did was put on a genuine ad not to have my bands name blackened by unnecessary abuse. As you say what's wrong with 'friendly' rivalry.

11. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Right on Stella. A band should be able to advertise on here for players without some miffed off muso sticking a malicious oar in.
    Sometimes maturity and common sense are in short supply on tmp, though I must say that IM
    O 95% of contributions are well judged and civilised.
    Happy 2012 folks !

Mr Wilx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi EveryoneA
    Happy New Year
    Tutti
    EEb
    Happy Banding
  13. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Hello 'John',

If you have a genuine gripe, perhaps it would be better to present that via PM in private to the relevant party. Your interference in a genuine band recruitment thread is childish, uncalled for and makes you look quite silly. :-?

I have no connection with Dinnington by the way (I've only seen this fab band previously on TV), but really, your actions are quite puzzling. :confused:

14. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Well Said !

Mr Wilx

15. Dinnington Colliery Band

I was very perturbed with the comment made after placing our player ad. Thinking that out of an innocent ad. I could have damaged the band's reputation. As a result I decided I had made a bad decision to use tMP, thankfully however, my faith has now been restored by the supportive comments and I will continue trying to fill the odd vacancies using this site. So if there is anyone out there willing to give us a try we will guarantee u a pleasant evening if nothing else.

16. John_D

John_D Member

Hi Kay, hope you and the band get sorted (I remember a similar situation on the run up to last years area contest).

If anyone is thinking about going along, all I can say is 'give it a try'. Don't rely on what others may say, go along and find out for yourself.

17. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

I am glad that tmp member kaybrookes will continue to use tmp as a place to advertise their vacancies. A shame that someone has to spoil things for this band!!

18. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

have you spoken to a mod and see if they can delte some of the posts?

19. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I entirely agree that this forum is not the place for airing personal grievances. There are more effective ways of doing that.

However, I would have thought that the mods are aware of this thread and, in the absence of any breach of the T&C, are letting it run. Having posts deleted just because you don't like the content would spell the death of the forum as a useful discussion arena, IMHO.

Each additional post brings the thread up to the top of the list. Perhaps a better way forward would be for no-one to make any further posts on this thread (or to lock it, if the mods think it appropriate so to do) and for the OP to start another 'Vacancies' thread afresh.

This thread will then drop off the radar.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012