Ding Dong! Round 2?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

Bowyer Vs Dyer?

Also, a question to Hammers fans, any truth in the rumour that Bellamy threw his shirt i ndisgust at last week's performance, finishing with him telling Curbishley that (in his opinion of course) he's 'wore than Souness'? Mind you, after being with the genius that is Rafa for a season, anyone else is bound to be a disappointment.
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

They'll have been waiting for the money from their cheated prolonged stay in the Premiership to arrive before they could pay for him.

Look Sheff Utd, The hammers are spending your cash!
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Boring, Boring. I think you will find they are spending the money belonging to their Icelandic Multi Millionaire owner. Money they would have spent irrespective of the division they were in.
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

According to eye witnesses, no. Trying out your new big spoon, Dyl?

Welsh word?:rolleyes:
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Nope - just checking if what I'd read was true or more rumour-mongering.

No, formatting problems! ;)
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Both players having spent time at newcastle...

1) Kieron Dyer is one of the more underrated players england has ever produced. Breathtakingly skilful, with great pace, the only problems have been his injurey-proneness and occasionally his attitude.

2) Craig Bellamy is one of the most arrogant, pig-headed and workshy players I've ever seen. He knows where the net is, but he's not a team player, would rather shoot from a 1-degree engle than cross, and has a chip on his shoulder the size of north yorkshire.

I think west ham have a good signing in dyer, if he stays fit. Bit of a darren anderton though.
  7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Good riddance to them both I say. Dyer encapsulates everything which is wrong with the modern game (e.g King of Bling) and I've previously made my views on Bellamy quite clear... The only thing I'd add to thirteen balls comment is that i don't agree that he has an eye for goal. His chances - goals conversion rate is abysmal.

I found the comments of Dyer in signing for West Ham interesting, along the lines of "I'm utility player who can player on the left/right and at full back.." That s not what he said to Sir Bobby!
  8. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I have to say, I wish Harry was still in charge - he has a good record of straightening out problem charges - notably Paolo di Canio.
  9. Bowyer vs Dyer ?

Thats an unfair fight ain't it ?
    Dyer hasn't a leg to stand on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you Hammers for letting us offload a large pile of horse excreta called Bellamy off on you by the way.
    Great piece of business that - let Tevez go and bring in a true global football superstar (Bellamy), cheers Westies, without that £7.5 million, we might never have bought Fernando Torres.

Tongue lodged very firmly in cheek

10. Nice use of a thesaurus there Andi ;)

Only joshing

Up the Mackems!!!!

Andy - not enough sleep + too many beers = lots of comments not to be taken seriously
  11. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I can't understand why anyone would want to play for west ham at the moment....

Oh, hang on....

Sixty grand a week.....

Much as I hate to say it being a devout anti-egg chaser, Rugby League could teach football a lot.
    1) Referees are respected.
    2) Laws are enforced
    3) Video replays do away with arguments
    4) Salary Caps are in place to (supposedly) keep wages in check and prevent the massive overspends many football clubs have.

12. Unless you are Wigan, Bradford or Saints - well at the last tribunal anyway!

13. Good point about the money Andi - Lucas Neill was offered to Liverpool in the January transfer window, but turned us down for West Ham :-

London town vs Champions League football

£40k per week vs £60k weekly

Relegation fight vs Top 4 football

Hmmm, its amazing what Icelandic biscuits can buy you!