Dillon-Sheridan Tuba Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bruceg, Oct 4, 2005.

1. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

I've recently been thinking about buying a Dillon-Sheridan S3 but $125 is a fair amount of cash to shell out without first asking for some opinions from the tuba community here on tMP.

So, does anybody have any opinions, good or bad, they'd like to share?

Cheers :)

2. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I have been on one of these for a month or so now and would highly recommend it. Nice and comfy, and as you would expect from a "solo" range mouthpiece good projection throughout the register. As for whether it's worth the money, I don't know, but since I hadn't had a new mouthpiece for 5 or 6 years I thought I'd splash out. BOC over.

3. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Thanks for that Chris. Is it actually the S3 you're using or one of the others in the range?

I'm not sure I really need a new mouthpiece - the current Perantucci PT-36 is only about 18 months old and I do like it - but I'm an engineer and we don't like to stand still for too long :D

4. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Yes, it's the S3 I'm using. That's the one Pat Sheridan uses on all his solo recordings etc (apparently). Unfortunately, it doesn't make you triple tongue at the rate of a machine gun, it would appear he gets that through practise. Nice sound though.

5. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

So, still no silver bullet :( Oh well... :D