Dilemma !!!What if-------------

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daveredhead, Feb 2, 2006.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

I notice the world cup (football )and wimbledon mens final are on the same day!!! What if Henman and Murray are in the Wimbeldon finals and England against Scotland in other final, what do i watch:confused: , will not rest now till after the areas. Bad planning, must have been a man. :clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    wimbledon
    Wimbeldon
    Henman
    Murray
    England
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

To be fair there is more chance of a Henman / Murray Final at Wimbledon than England Scotland in the football!

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Personally, I don't think there a cat in hell's chance of either of those options!!

5. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

This is why video recording devices exist.

Personally, I'd go with the football. There are far more opportunities for major tennis tournaments than for the World Cup.

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm with Dyl on this one (1st for everything!)

7. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

There is an equal chance of a Tim Henman/Supergran Wimbledon final with England/Scotland World Cup as neither supergran or Scotland are in the competitions!

8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Will pick the World Cup Final everytime over the Tennis, which ever teams get to the Final:clap:

9. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

I'll watch them both as one is at 2pm and the other 7pm

10. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Definately no chance of an England/Scotland final especially as Scotland are not going to the World cup!

It's still an easy choice for me though, whoever is in the World Cup final, I'll be watching that rather than the tennis, can't stick it

11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

The chances of Tim Henman reaching the final of Wimbledon are about as much as Sunderland winning the Premiership this season! ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    wimbledon
    Wimbeldon
    Henman
    Murray
    England
  13. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I was on a HDU ward in hospital for the World Cup Final 8 years ago :( :( :( (granted England or Wales weren't in the final) and the nurses bought in a tiny portable tele for me to watch the match...I fell asleep after about five minutes apparently!! Therefore, due to bad memories I would pick the tennis. Especially if it was the women's final with the newly returned Martina Hingis and the lovely Maria Sharapova (yes, I know how old she is!!) Yet another post that mentions something that will not and probably could not happen.:)

14. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

2nd Dilemma- What if your football team (Colchester United) make it through to the 5th round of the FA Cup against, presumably, Chelsea (presuming they beat Everton) away at Stamford Bridge............. in their biggest game (Colchesters!) in 35 years..... and your wife is due to give birth to your 2nd baby 3days later and doesnt want you to make the 2 hour trip to West London. What would you do!?

15. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Take your wife to the game!?!?!?!?!?

16. Cornishwomble

Well it's your 2nd baby so the novelty isn't there is it, whereas Colchester away at the bridge is maybe a once in a lifetime thing.

I'll take cover now

17. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

That seems logical....

18. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

And it's only a 2-hour drive? Unless your wife is really quick about it, there would be plenty of time to get back if it were really necessary.

19. flower girl

flower girl Member

20. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Speaking as somebody who thinks that football and tennis are the two most boring games in the history of sport, my dilemma is not which one to watch, but more what else can I watch on the TV while this is happening!

Note to self, stock up on DVDs..... ;) :biggrin:

DaveR

21. Cornishwomble

22. flower girl

flower girl Member