Digital Radios

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TIMBONE, May 27, 2006.

TIMBONE Active Member

Julie has had two digital radios in nine months, (one was a replacement), they both overheated and stopped working. I bought one for my daughter, it did the same thing, (including smoke). We bought one for my Mother-in-Law, it is beginning to overheat and cut out. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

You don't mention any makes. I've had a Pure Digital for 18 months , no probs.

TIMBONE Active Member

:rolleyes: I didn't mention the make, as I felt it was discreet not to do that. Let's just say that in every case, they were the lower priced models, which maybe has something to do with it. The brand name is something you see in every garden!
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Black and Decker? ;)
  5. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

could is possibly be the power supply? or faulty fuses? or maybe pluggin it into to many wall plugs? if not save up and buy a sony made digital radio:) cos i have never heard of radios overheating!
  6. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

You want to get Anne Robinson and the Watchdog Team onto the case. Actually i dont know if that programme exists anymore. Isnt it like 'X-RAy' or something now? I dont really have the time to watch that much television....
  7. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

dont lie! you just dont know how to work the TV remote!
  8. annmck

annmck Member

You're lucky even getting signals. Here in the wilds of Cornwall I can't get anything on our digital radio so it doesn't have time to overheat. I will just have to go back to the good old steam powered set again.
  9. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

have you tried gettin radio on the internet? although this is compltely useless if you want to listen to radio in a room which your computer isnt in! and computers are far to bulky and take far to long to load up to listen to the radio!
  10. annmck

annmck Member

Yes I do listen on the internet until the horse powering the wheel gets tired !! computer is upstairs so I only listen while using it but thanks for the suggestion.