Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by HorniKaz, Apr 23, 2008.

1. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Whilst at the Opticians Awards ceremony on Saturday night, which we won "Fashion Frames Practice of the Year" btw, my camera had red wine spilt on it! :mad: Even though it was wiped clean immediately & we were able to view the photos on it on the ride back in the limo ;) , it no longer seems to be working. :mad: again!!!

Its a Fuji Finepix F445 & comes with a charging cradle. I am able to turn it on & view pictures when it is in the cradle so I thought it was maybe the battery. Apparently not!!!

Any suggestions?

Or, can anyone suggest a good replacement. Been looking at the Fuji F50fd.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ceremony
    cradle
    camera
    Opticians Awards
    wine
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hmmmmm, aren't you supposed to poor white wine over red when you spill it or is that just carpets????
    :tongue:

Good pics of the awards btw.
    Well done! i bet you were well chuffed:clap:

4. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

We were/are very chuffed!!

Thanks for your very helpful input Craig :tongue: Can always rely on you!! White wine! Honestly :eek: what a waste!!

5. Owen S

Owen S Member

Congratulations Karen, that sounds like a fun night out too.

On the camera, it depends a lot on how much you want to spend. I've got a Canon Ixus 850 IS, which is great.

I had this website recommended to me when I wanted to buy one, and it's really useful: http://www.cameras.co.uk/

That should be enough to be getting on with. Hopefully you can get the old one fixed though.

6. millie6589

millie6589 Member

I have a fuji finepix too, but a couple of weeks ago i lost mine in the snow (whislt rolling around in it) and it was missing for a couple of hours before i found it again, covered in mud and snow and god knows what else..at first i couldn't even view the pictures but suddenly it sprung back into life, perhaps after it had dried out a bit(??) and it seems to be working ok so far. i have read through my manual but unfortunatley does not give advice for spillages and such things!

7. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Have you tried taking the battery out, ensuring the contacts on it are clean and dry and the same with the contacts in the camera? Same with the memory card.

8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

First, I would think that the memory card is still good, and you can pull the pictures off of those.

As for a replacement, I just got a Fuji Finepics 8000 for Christmas and it has been great. I have even got quite a few compliments on the photos I've taken. It was about $200 online (100 GBP?)