Did you do a "Campbell" after band tonight?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by andywooler, Feb 2, 2006.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Doing a "Sol" - Having a quick half and then going home.

Actually, he could have had a pint with me - I watched the game incognito in the gunners pub at Highbury with some swedish gooner friends.

The mighty Hammers in Europe next year? Worth a punt down at Ladbrookes methinks.

2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Only if there is another war Andy :wink:

3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I don't know I reckon West Ham could make Europe, they've had some good signings in the transfer window and the performance against Arsenal shows they could make the top 7

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

As an Arsenal supporter, all I can say is well done to the Hammers.

Andy, does this mean you, like Will, are now a Pardew convert? ;)

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

What is the actual 'rule' for Europe?

top 2 are champs,
    next two can qualify for champs.
    FA cup winner uefa
    Carling cup uefa?

is that right?

(but if one of the cup winners is in top 4, then the next team in the table goes in their place?)

6. andywooler

Indeed - he's done a great job so far this season - 9th in the table, just 2 points away from a top 6 place - no complaints at all!

My sympathies to Newcastle - Roeder as caretaker manager? Should have kept Souness!

7. andywooler

from wikipedia:

The top four teams in the Premiership qualify for the UEFA Champions League, with the top two teams directly entering the group phase. The third and fourth placed teams enter the competition at the third qualifying round and must win a two-legged knockout tie in order to enter the group phase. The fifth placed team automatically qualifies for the UEFA Cup, and the sixth and seventh placed teams can also qualify, depending on what happens in the two domestic cup competitions. If the FA Cup champions and runners-up both finish in the top 5 of the Premier League, the FA Cup's UEFA Cup spot goes to the sixth placed team in the League. If the League Cup is won by a team that has already qualified for Europe, the League Cup's UEFA Cup spot also goes to the next highest placed team in the League (unlike the FA Cup spot, it is never transferred to the losing finalist).

So, with a ManU/Wigan league cup final, assuming both remain in the top 5, 6th could also get UEFA this year. And FA Cup could add another depending on the who plays the final. (Which could include the Irons of course!)

8. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

In work yesterday, one of my mates said that there may be a tabloid exclusive about Sol Campbell this Sunday i.e. tomorrow.

Cant say here what it was as it is highly speculative/ controversial/ defamatory.

He said it was to be published in the News of the World. I'm not sure whether to believe him or not but (it sounded unlikely to me) but, if what he said is true, I can understand why Sol has his mind on other things!

If it is, you heard it here first!

Igg

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Heard the same thing myself - hope to god it isn't true. Even if it is, has buqqer all to do with the NOTW - typical actions of classless paper.

10. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

If that is the case, then the NOTW will have managed to get to the manager and one of the players. So only another 23 players to mess up lads and then you can truley wreck our chances of winning the world cup. Which I'm sure they'll go to town on if we do mess it up.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Hammers
    Ladbrookes
    Campbell
    Sol
    Europe
  12. Jamie

Jamie Member

I read this morning that he left because of something to do with three women he was with *simultaneously*... including Karen 'my clothes are overpriced and only for rakes' Millen. Can't say I've ever read the News of the World though.