Did Santa bring you what you wanted?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Roger Thorne, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Come on then, what did Santa bring you for Christmas.

Did you get what you wanted? :icon_cheesygrin: or Not! :icon_cry:

My only request was a Wallace & Gromit film and my request was duly rewarded. Watched them earlier and thought they were fantastic. So many 'hidden' jokes both verbal and visual. Very funny indeed.

[​IMG] Wallace And Gromit - 3 Cracking Adventures

Although considering I don't drink, was a bit surprised by the 24 cans of ale, bottle of Sherry and 4 bottles of wine!

Edit: Santa also called on Boxing Day (disguised as my missus) with 10 Rolls of wallpaper and a couple of tins of Paint?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I asked the big dude in red for a silent mute and a gig bag :D aaaand I got a silent mute and a gig bag :D i'm a very very very happy person! :D (I also got 5 driving lessons :tongue: thought i'd better warn you!)
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Amongst a few other things (such as Private Number Plates ;: ) the only thing I actually asked for was a CD - Enya: Amarantine.

Santa kindly obliged and I have been llistening to this for a litttle while - lovely music, especially a track called The River Sings - very africaan for Enya but very lovely nonetheless.

Anyone else like Enya?
  4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

A mobile phone and the German Brass Bach DVD. More to open when my GF returns from visiting her mum's! ;)
  5. NeilW

NeilW Member

Yes, I like Enya, but I've not got Amarantine (yet!).

Santa delivered some of what I asked for (nice new green wellies, slippers etc) - I've already got my personalised No Plate :) The one thing I do want will requires more research - a shotgun (NO, I don't mean a conversion for my euph like they used on Dr Who :icon_rolleyes:) to control the local grey squirrel (rats with fluffy tails!) population with.

Happy Christmas all.

(hiding from Eastenders on the tele!!)
  6. Di

Di Active Member

I asked for a web cam and a lap top case. Santa obliged. My only problem is .....

I don't have my lap top to play with my new toys with. :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

I want my little lap top back. Waaaaaaaaaaah. :icon_cry:
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Also got a mobile phone, although the DVD is Mnozil Brass, and I bought it for Jonathan - although he'd better let me watch it as well!

Also, a recording of a new Easter Oratorio written by the conductor of my sister's choir in Birmingham, and a new shirt and tie set that I wore to go round to my daughter's for lunch.
  8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

No! Same as last year! I only asked for one thing and didn't get it. I asked for Girls Aloud*! I didn't even get one of them, let alone the full set! Christmas? Bah Humbug!

*If I don't get them soon, I'll be too old to remember why I wanted them.

Oh and NeilW, you don't want a shotgun for squirrels, just a decent air rifle with scope, firing at 11 1/2 ft.pounds. ;)
  9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I never know what to ask for so I leave it to other's imagination.

So I got (amongst other things): Book of football jokes (very funny and very insulting :icon_cheesygrin:). A red wine carafe - oh! and the red wine to go in it :tup.
    The 2005 Ashes DVD's. Billy Connolly Live in New York DVD.

And me and Mrs MRSH (Aardvark) have treated ourselves to a 5-day break in Dublin. Never been - can't wait.

That's it. Belated Happy Christmas to everybody and may 2006 bring you all everything you've always wanted.

10. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Santa duly delivered. Got a new Huddersfield Town sweater i wanted, a book about the transition of 20th century China called Wild Swans, and some good looking alcoholic beverages, including Real Ale and some JD. Can't complain. :icon_cheesygrin:

Think i may have to invest in the New Wallace and Gromit film, its meant to be hilarious, so i think it needs to be bought.
  11. Santa blamed the people at curries for not delivering my iPod nano. I reckon he was being lazy this year... apparently i have to wait til january. Be interesting to see if the fat red hero jumps down my chimney in the new year.
  12. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sant droped me a few great suprises this year.
    a new wedding ring (old one doesnt fit anymore:icon_sad:)
    a cool pocketknife with everything onit and two ticlest to see Everton in February from me Dad
    and Two bottles of JD strange prezzie as i dont drink!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

Oh and a new electric shaver.
    The guy in Red certainly made me happy!
  13. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Got a robopet, which is well cool!
  14. 1alexm

1alexm Member

i wanted some concert shoes and thats what i got - how did santa know my shoe size?

p.s why does santa give rich people more presents than poor people
  15. HBB

HBB Active Member

I got a 30GB Ipod Video and lots of CDs and stuff! Molto coolios, even when you buy must to download that's encrypted so it can't go on my iPod anyway :(
  16. gawber

gawber Active Member

:icon_biggrin: I got the all singing, all dancing PINK mobile phone that I wanted :icon_biggrin:
  17. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

love her, and bought the album the toher day

its amazing

kel x
  18. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Wooo I got a PINK one too.. well.. it's a reddy pinky/purpley colour :icon_cheesygrin: The phone 'I had no idea about' Lol!!! :icon_razz:

It sings.. I'm not sure about dancing. But....

it DID tell me that I could get pregnant anytime between 31st of December and 8th of Jan!! Dad said "I do want to be a Grandad, but not just yet"..
    It's ok.. he's got a week or so to prepare himself.. :icon_razz:
  19. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Considering I dodn't know what to ask for I did quite well. Got an MP3 player, a nice K&M stand for my (as yet still not delivered) new flugel (which wasn't a Christmas pressie) John Peel's autobiography, plus a load of other bits and bobs.

Best pressie was a joint one with Mrs WoodenFlugel though - a s****y digital camera. Cool!

EDIT: :lol: at the bleeper. The word I typed was sw anky not another word with a different meaning altogether!!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  20. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Ooooh we have that phone in our house at uni! It tell's you your emotional levels etc? We plan all our night out around it, and its a good excuse to avoid doing work!.......Am thinking we have too much time on our hands?!

I got a new phone too :) tho i actually got them a couple of weeks ago with a lush pair of sexy knee high boots (both of which i've been wanting for ages!) with my xmas money from my grandad.

Santa brought me a digital camera :) with the accessories, an ariel for my TV so i can get a better reception at uni and some clothes. Oh and some earings from hawai with green bits to match my home bands uniform form the other euph player, so i now have band earings!

He did however forget to bring me the tall dark handsome stranger :( but i guess their's always next year for that one!