Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jan 1, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

What do you prefer a Diary/a Calendar.
    And what diary do you have and what Calendar do you have
    I prefer both plus AOL reminder service as well and Liverpool Calendar i have - Well what else could it be
  2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Can't live with out my diary! Always need it with me, my moto last year was "if its in the diary then i can do it" regardless of weather there was actually enough hours in the day to fit everything in! Shall continue with my dairy this year, only like calanders for the pictures! Also find the diary on my phone very handy!
  3. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I rely on the calendar on my phone and use it to plan everything! I am so screwed if someone nicks my phone ... :-\
  4. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

working in school means i'm not that exciting time of year to get a new diary, not till july, but i do love the one i have this year, i recieved it as a present on the front it says 'i understand , i just don't care' and on the back it says ' thank GOD i'm not ugly' i love it and the kids at school think i'm well cool cos i don't have a boring one like the other teachers
  5. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i rely on my mum/other people to tell me what im doing.. which is really bad, cuz it means im never organised with anything! (runs off to find family calendar to put in2 my phone calendar!)
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I always get an Academic Diary as soon as they are available - usually about June. This then covers 18 months, with a week to a view - only problem is making sure you get the entry in the right year for July - December.
  7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I always get one at christmas and I never use it. But this year I will so I dont annoy Ruth by constantly asking her when band jobs are beacuse Ive lost the bits of paper where it has them all.
  8. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I'd be lost without my diary. Managed to wash mine by leaving it in my pocket....then triple booked myself for 3 concerts in 3 different counties!! Already got one double-booking for July this year though!!
  9. sugarandspice

So maybe someone needs to actually show you how to use your diary?! I'm sorry hun, but as amazing as you are you can't actually be in two places at the same time! :)
  10. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

currently preferring calendars, just to be different. i used to love my student diaries but they're so easy to lose, compared to a two foot long yet lightweight list of stuff wot needs doing. time details are easier to remember than dates, for me, so calendars are working fine.
  11. sugarandspice

I've just washed my life away and im sooooooo annoyed i could get really angry and hurt something!!

I brought myself a new pocket sized academic diary at the begining of the summer which contains my whole life!

All the hours i've worked and any overtime (was told to keep a record cos they always mess my wages up when i transfer!) two seperate bands engagements lists and rehearsal shedule so i knew what i could do and what i couldn't. Any other random information such as appointments etc, and a record of how many hours practice and time at the gym i've done (just for me cos i like to keep a record of things like that!)

I accidently put it in the washing machine with my clothes and now its all gone. I'm so Angry!! Grrrrr!! My life is now in a thousand little pieces stuck to my clothes. Not a happy bunny and not sure how im going to cope!

Dont put paper in the washing machine!
    And dont expect me to be good at house related things cos i just don't think im capable! When i'm rich i'm having a maid!!
  12. Di

Di Active Member

Oh dear oh dear Kelly, thats not good. Apart from the loss of all your treasured information, there's the annoying, difficult to get rid of, white "fluff" all over the clothes. :( I hope you can pull together lots of your information again. I'm sure bit by bit you'll build it all up again.
  13. sugarandspice

Tell me about it, me and mum have just spent the last 20 mintes beating all my clothes in the garden, they are now going thru the wash again, minus the diary and work clocking card which conveniantly survived!
  14. Di

Di Active Member

What about the £5 note in the little ticket pocket in the jeans?

Well thats what Steve says to me, usually AFTER I've washed his jeans! :eek::(
  15. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I generaly rely on the calaender on my phone but I have recently found a free wesite http://www.birthdayalarm.com that will send me an email reminder for birthdays, etc
  16. Key2207

Key2207 Member

I put random stuff in my diary as well about the gym etc... its well good!! other people think i'm wierd for doing it though :confused: I also cut out pictures of clothes i like out and stick them in so when i go shopping i can look for similar stuff :p and i have a page of 'randomness' where people have just wrote loads of random stuff. There's some funny stuff on that page!! and i put all band engagements, essay deadlines, birthdays, appointments etc.. in.
  17. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I put everything in my work Outlook calendar and access it via web and blackberry - only way to keep work and personal stuff in one place!
  18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Bought my new diary on Saturday - just got to enter everything in now, although this one only goes up to August 2007, not right to the end of the year.
  19. sugarandspice

I don't think my diary was big enough for pictures and random stuff but i was just starting to get a decent amount of stuff going on in it and now its gone. :( :(

I know i have calanders on my phone etc but it was just handy having a written copy, especially at work when they spring last minute over time at you!
    And it was silver! Going to be hard to find one to match!
  20. Key2207

Key2207 Member

My diary is normal sized. A5 i think?? it's little miss naughty :p it's run out now though cos it was an academic one so i have to get a new one :D