Diamonds, 3rd Section Test Piece for Butlins.

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Columbo, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Columbo

Columbo Member

Any thoughts on this 3rd Section piece for Butlins? Comments about the music etc?
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

lol yeah :rolleyes:
  5. Columbo

Columbo Member

What do you like about it Ian? :eek:
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Non of it
  7. 08cbinns

08cbinns Member

im not a fan of it!
  8. Blagger

Blagger Member

One of the poorest choices for ages - IMHO
    Absoloutely nothing in it to get excited about.
    Enough said I think.... :dunno
  9. Columbo

Columbo Member

So, Universal opinion. Now musically, whats wrong with it?
  10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

11. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Burbage are going to Butlins this year for the first time. Not a challenging piece at all for 3rd section in terms of techincal fast playing especially on bass, not sure how others feel.

As we have a busy christmas schedule, its good practice and preperation for us to get into contesting mode and dosen't take alot of preparation to get up to a reasonable standard, hence why we are going.
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Had a listen to the recording online, and had a look at my part, and my overall impression isn't good. For me, it lacks imagination. From what I've read, it was written for a massed youth band, and I guess it probably works quite well for that purpose, as there's not much in the way of intricate counter-melodies or cross-rhythms, stuff that would get lost with 100 kids on stage.

However, I'm most interested in why you chose to create a dedicated thread, rather than posting in this thread : ? So go on, how about you share your own opinion?
  13. Brian

Brian Member