Devonshire Dumplings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MissRepiano, Sep 3, 2007.

1. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

I'm still fairly new to tmp, but I wanna be nosey and find out how many of the 9000 people that have registered on tmp are from good old sunny Devon.

I haven't come across that many yet! Are you all hiding?!

2. I'm 'from' Devon, but I'm living in Wales and I'm an honorary Welshman and a Cornishman as well, but theres still some Devonian in me my luvvur.
  3. New Member

devon dumpling

alison howells playes 2nd trombone with clacton. a devon girl. more of a devon cream and cider girl. a bideford girl through and through.
  4. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

I'm from Devon, play with Tiverton
  5. Veri

Veri Member

I'm "from" Devon - lived there for 18 years, and played with Lympstone for 5 of them.

Now I live in Oxford...
  6. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I'm from Plymouth.But have lived in the Midlands for quite a number of years.I play for Cubbington silver Band.(Midlands Area 4th Section Champion Band)Our 1st horn player is also from Plymouth.
  7. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Why is it.... everyone who is from Devon never stays here? :tongue: I'm from Devon.... I guess.... i'd like to think I was a northen lass at heart though.... I was born here.... but to a Bolton Daddy and a Salford Mummy.... and I lived in Manchester for about 5 years when I was a little Fi..... surely that counts as semi-northern at least?

I am still in Devon though.... even in Devon for Uni! I will get out of here eventually though!
  8. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Its funny how lots of you devon folk are now ex-devoners and live far away! I personally like it and can't see myself ever moving away. I'm definately not cut out to be a city chick!

Hello to you all by the way! :grnsm
  9. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

You traitor Fi ! ! !

I'm on a mission to keep people in Devon, it's really not that bad!!
  10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Beats me - I love the West country, and if I had lived there I definitely wouldn't have moved away! :)

Just remember Fi - it's grim oop north! :tongue: (I should know, I've lived there! :biggrin:)
  11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'm from Cornwall...but go to uni in Devon...and have played for Lympstone for two I'm slightly associated with the place!
  12. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Hi I'm Rob and I play Bass Trom. I'm not from Devon though. Sorry.
  13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Does 20+ years of cricket touring around Torrington an Tavistock make me an honorary Devonoian?
    (I played against the Devon Dumplings cricket team once. They moidered us.)
  14. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Only if you can spell Devonian right! Torrington eh? Thats where I live, it rocks doesn't it lol! Who are the devon dumplings? is that Weare Giffard? I know nothing about cricket! :oops:

Well thats no good it it! :tongue: Hi anyway. I'm quite shocked at the lack of fellow devonians. Maybe the rest of devon aren't technologically advanced enough to use the internet yet! har har :lol:
  15. Robhibberd29

Maybe they are all just too busy doing whatever it is Devonians (spelt correctly!) do. What do they do anyway?? Obviously it's not posting on here!
  16. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Maybe! What do you think Devonians do?!?! do you think that we're a different breed from the rest of the country?

I expect they be workin' the farrrrrm, or gwain down wit the doug! ooh arrr.

Where are you devon?!
  17. Robhibberd29

I'm glad you posted that and not me (being a Yorkshire lad) I think your allowed to take the mickey out of people from your own county but don't diss anywhere else! LOL
  18. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I can see Devon if I go up the hill. Does that count? Mind you, I can see Wales even if I don't go up the hill and I definitely don't want to be Welsh.
  19. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Ha ha, where on earth d you live to be able to see devon and wales from your house at the same time?!!
  20. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member