Devils Galop

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ploughboy, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Morning guys,

I'm trying to find a copy of Devils Galop (the old Dick Barton theme), As played by Desford? at Butlins this year. I've tried Bandsupplies and Banks and they both say it's out of print and they cant' get it. It must be out there somewhere .. . .

Thanks in advance for your wealth of knowledge!
    Garry

2. andyfake

andyfake Member

Pretty sure Holme Silver have got it

3. andyfake

andyfake Member

I thought you were going to Germany?

4. I know Mark Bentham did an arrangement of it which Reg Vardy played at Brass in Concert (last year!?!?!). Dont know whether its been published though?

5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

The Desford arrangement was by Howard Snell so you would think that it would be published by Rakeway Music - but it doesn't appear in the list. The outlet for Rakeway publications nowadays is Kirklees Music - perhaps it might be worth giving them a bell.

6. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Or if you cant get hold of that arrangment, Obrasso have one in their .catalogue

7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

We were but the other half couldn't get the time off work and she's up here to spend time with me so I couldn't (Sadly) bail-out on her to Germany.

Thanks for all the info guys, brill as always! :)

8. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

Carlton Main have got this..We recorded it on the c.d A WALK IN THE LIGHT in 1997.:D

9. brassbandmaestro

Who publishes it then?

10. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

On the CD sleeve notes this version is by Charles Williams (not Charlie Williams!) and it says that the publishes are Chappel Recorded Music Library..If you get in touch with Ray Sykes he will be able to tell you more about this arrangement.:D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Devils Galop
    copy
    somewhere
    Dick Barton
    wealth
  12. brassbandmaestro

Cheers for that Stuart!!

13. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

See I don t always talk a load of rubbish on this website ! I have loads of useless information stored in my head !:confused::confused::rolleyes:

14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Good info Stuart, cheers.