desperate to play at whit fri

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daveredhead, Apr 24, 2008.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

hello all, was going to play with tMP band but cancelled, then also was going to play with Manchester band , now inform me overbooked on cornets.So there is a sop player and front row cornet free to play at Whit Fri, any body interested please PM me soonest, have already booked into local hotel or ring my mobile 07774653048 thanks in anticipation :clap: Dave
  2. debs66

debs66 Member

Whit FRiday

Hi there,

I know Burbage Band (Hinckley) are desperate for cornet players - contact Mell-C on here. If yoy can't get her, PM me back and I'll pass on your details to her - thats if she has not already found them!!!! Failing that, we at Croft Silver will be able to accomodate.
  3. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

You could play with Marsden during the day and then if that isn't enough, play for someone else at night! Barnsley Building Society could probably do with some more cornets. Let me know if you're still available.

4. DobX Dave

DobX Dave Member

Dave ~ try Boarshurst Band based in Greenfield.

Very good bunch of chaps/lasses, with excellent facilities after both the morning and evening sessions (rumour has it that the last standing on Saturday morning closes the door).

Your best bet is to pm "Boarshurst" or "Frontman" but I would do it rather quickly.

They have struggled in the past year for players, but with a new MD, rumour has it that is is now back on 'track'.

If successfull finding a seat(s), I know you will enjoy yourself, best take an interpreter with you to understand the Saddleworth dialect especially after they have finished and tested the beer.
  5. DobX Dave

DobX Dave Member

Dave ~ just noticed that you play with a midland area band, so you will have to practice your dynamic range ~ because ALL Saddleworth bands really know the difference between ppp and fff !!

.... and they march in the rain and up hills !!
  6. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Dave only does ff and fff though...
  7. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hello, am a exiled northerner, down here to convert southerners to ekky thump and pet ferrets, and doing a good job, but still retain the northern tenency to ___i think the musical technical word is ""Tonk it out"":clap:

8. DobX Dave

DobX Dave Member

You should fit in well then ~ hope you can last out throughout the day !

(You should be able to play 'Hail Smiling Morn' without the music by the end of the morning !!)

Even if you don't manage to help them out, always visit the club afterwards, just to sample a 'real banding atmosphere' ~ who knows, Frontman might even buy you a pint !