Derek Holvey MBE!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by C.R., Dec 31, 2011.

1. C.R.

C.R. New Member

Many from TMP will I'm sure wish to join me in offering heartfelt congratulations to cornetist and conductor Derek Holvey on his recent award of an MBE in Her Majesty The Queen's 2012 New Year's Honours List.

Derek has been a leading cornet and trumpet player, and much admired musical director and educator in Rhondda Cynon Taf and South Wales, for many years. A longstanding member and bandmaster of firstly the Parc & Dare and now Treherbert & District bands, Derek has also been tutor and inspiration to innumerable brass students across Mid Glamorgan and beyond. As Principal Conductor of the Bridgend County Wind Band, Rhondda Cynon Taf Youth Orchestra and the Four Counties Youth Orchestra, as well as longstanding adjudicator of the Treorchy Male Choir Young Musician and Singer of the Year, Derek has further been - and continues to be - a leading light to many more.

All members of Treherbert & District Band and I'm sure many more from the banding fraternity would like to offer their sincere congratulations to "Mr Holvey - MBE"
    [​IMG]

Further information available at http://treherbertband.weebly.com/news.html

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Derek Holvey
    Holvey - MBE
    New Year's Honours List.Derek
    TMP
    conductor Derek Holvey
  3. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Fantastic news and well-deserved. Congratulations Derek!!

4. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Well deserved Derek. Congratulations.