Dereham Band, Norfolk. Player vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by sop with altitude, Mar 23, 2010.

1. This friendly mid Norfolk band currently have vacancies for
    BBb bass,
    2nd. Horn
    and back row Cornets. As the whole band is very flexible we welcome enquiries from any players
    The band room is just of the A47 so easy to get to.
    If you would like to know more please contact us in confidence; you can PM me ,call our conductor Tony Hampton on 07824 559544, or send an e-mail to

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
  2. Having recently filled the second horn position with a returning player we currently have vacancies for
    BBb bass
    Back row cornets
    Why not try playing for 2 bands, we don't contest but do lots of concerts so we can keep you busy.
    For more information contact our conductor Tony Hampton on 07824 559544, pm me or send an e-mail to
    Make 2010 a year to remember!
  3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Perusion - is that someone who can read music? No wonder I didn't get the job :rolleyes:
  4. Think we may have invented a new position! oh er, that didn't read the way I intended it either!

Dereham are in need of a percusionist who can peruse the music!
  5. Dereham band are still looking for back row cornet players.
    The rest of the back row and I would love some help to blow the front row across the bandroom, if there are any cornet players who enjoy a friendly bandroom without the stress of contesting come along and give us a blow.
    For more Info call our MD Tony Hampton on 07824 559544 or PM me.
    All enquiries treated in strictest confidence.
  6. Having just gained some new players Dereham band are now looking for a BBb Bass player and a Tuned Percusionist to complete a full house.
    We can always make space for any other players and love to see newcomers in the band room.
    Please call our MD Tony Hampton on 07824 559544 for more info
  7. Having boosted the back row cornet section we now need to a front row cornet player. We are still looking for a BBb Bass player and a tuned percusionist would make our MD's day.

All players are made welcome in our band room and we will buy more chairs if we run out!
    Our MD Tony Hampton would love to hear from you, call 07824 559544 or PM me.
  8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Hi Karen

Always pleased to help if and when I can.

To anyone reading this, having spent a fantatstic 18 months as MD of Dereham Band, I would recommend anyone thinking of joining to do so!
  9. Thanks for that chunky.
    I expect you're a busy boy at the moment with Butlins coming up but you know where we are if you fancy a trip down memory lane.
  10. Are there any BBb bass players or front row Cornet players out there looking for somewhere to go on a Thursday evening in Mid Norfolk?
    Dereham Band are still looking to fill a couple of empty seats. We are a busy band who always has a full bandroom. Bar-B-Q season is coming and we would like to have to increase the sausage order this year. If you want to konw more call our MD Tony Hampton on 07824 559544, check out our facebook page or PM me. Players of any instruments are always made welcome, even if you're just in the area for a holiday.
  11. Having found a BBb bass player The Dereham Band are still hunting front row cornet players.

The band is busy throughout the year with an emphasis on concert work. Rehearsals are on Thursday nights 8-10. Our MD Tony would love to cram as many people as possible into our bandroom . We're just off the A47 so easy to reach. If you would like to know more check out our facebook page, website or call Tony Hampton on 07824 559544
  12. We are still looking for Front Row cornet players to come and join us. We know there is a shortage in Norfolk but offer a very warm welcome to any one who wants a blow.
    Players of any instruments are welcome, we can always buy more chairs and we haven't got the plans for the new bandroom yet.

Contact and information from our website, facebook page as detailed previous post. Or for an informal chat call our conductor Tony Hampton 07824 559544.
  13. We are currently looking for Back Row cornets and Trombones . All players are very welcome, we've just got some more chairs so plenty of room for anyone who wants to come along.
    We rehearse on Thursday Evenings in our band room just off the A47 , for more information or an informal chat contact our MD Tony Hampton on 0790 2864369