Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, Jan 13, 2006.

1. BLUE

10 vote(s)
  2. DRAW

2 vote(s)
  3. RED

5 vote(s)
  1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

2. spose i better say blue for ya!! lol!! my my how i love football!! hmm im bad at lyin! but anyway umm go city!! (so i get a drink now yeah?!) :wink:
  3. persins

persins Member

I'd just love Utd to get a kicking but I doubt it will happen. A draw is highly likely though
  4. Chris Sanders

Yep, will get you a lemonade...
  5. Steve

Steve Active Member

I desperately want City to win, frstly because Stuart Pearce is quality and secondly because it obviously helps Liverpools position.

Also, that animated .gif is sooo unbelievabley accurate I just sat and watched it for about 10mins.
  6. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

As with most of the footie related polls, you appear to have missed the "Don't Care" option ;)
  7. dyl

dyl Active Member

The Reds have already won one of the two most important derbies for this season - granted Everton didn't put up much of a fight, but 3 points are 3 points. We'll easily make it two from teo at Anfield later on in the season.

As for this second rate derby - I'm with Jessop - don't care!
  8. Chris Sanders

If you dont care about other threads then you just ignore them...??

Hence no need for that option!!
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

And yet you cared enough to take the time to post a message when you could have just ignored it :clap:

Still gets the post rate up eh? ;)
  10. Chris Sanders

Aye... timewaster... Anyhoo... Ive just returned from the match feeling absolutely amazing to find out one of my best mates has had a fit and she's in hosp!! :(

Devastated... :frown:

But 3 - 1, was actually thoroughly deserved aswell, despite what the usual pathetic bitter reds will say, Utd played really well, threw everything they had at us, but we defended well, and created countless well constructed and well timed chances.

We actually outplayed them instead of our usual backs to the wall, hit and hope...

Phsyco is the future!!

That was excellent... Im drunk... Going getting more drunk tonight??
  11. Steve

Steve Active Member

Awesome stuff, I avoided all results yesterday so I could savour MOTD. As soon as God walked on the pitch I just started laughing and told my old man he would score a belter as it was against Man U, beautiful end to a beautiful game.
  12. Chris Sanders

Argh... Sky Sports News is reall annoying, been watching for over half an hour, they showed everything but the derby...

Everytime Utd or Chelsea do bad, they just brush over it, if the result had have gone the other way it would have been on 17 times already??

Annoys me so much, especially when surprisingly Manchester City have the 3rd biggest fan base of any football club in the world?? :eek:

They could get so much more from viewer ratings...

13. dyl

dyl Active Member

There's no way that is true - even though they do have a Chinese player in their ranks! ;)
  14. Chris Sanders

It is, it is... we fill our stadium or to near capacity every match?? Greater Manchester is quite a big place, and with over 60% of it being blue, plus our aforementioned chinese contigent, and other stragglers from around the globe, such as our USA fans supporting their very own Captain America??

I was surprised when I read this figure, I believe it was based on shirt sales and match capacities two seasons ago?? (a season we only released one shirt)
  15. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

and who is 1st ? :D
  16. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Ha ha, just seen this thread and your post Steve. God was once again looking mighty fine!
  17. stevetrom

18. Chris Sanders

19. stevetrom

I was'nt at the match but did watch it on TV - and before you start, you get a far better view on TV than at the ground so don't start the 'you were'nt there what do you know' comments.

Uniteds defence gift wrapped both goals - not for the first time this season sadly - Ronaldo was sent off without touching the other player - what would have happened if he had caught him another 9-month band for a united player perhaps - with 10 men we battered City for the final 20 minutes and then conceeded a 3rd because we had left ourselves open at the back.

United are by far the better side (IMHO) so the result was obviously 'odd'.
  20. Chris Sanders

You only have to look at the table to see that Utd have had the funds to consistantly compete at a higher standard than Man City, however tables stats and everything else mean nothing for that 95mins, its a case of who plays better on the day, and in this instance it was us, fair do's, youd have a case to argue if it was a draw, you could moan you deserved a draw if you were one behind, but the fact that the Mancunians found the net 3 times proves beyond doubt that we deserved all three points.

In all fairness Ronaldo didnt touch him, had it been me I would have given him a yellow for the intent, as it was out of temper. The jerries never actually shot my grandad? But the intent was there? Ronaldo was going off from the start, as he spent most of his time either diving or sly digs and rough challenges out of frustration, he proved he was out of his depth, I personally believe he is the most overated player in football, and dont think he is good enough for a European contending side like Man U or Wigan ;) His step-overs may have looked impressive, but the fact that for the most of his game he couldnt even dint our defence, let alone penetrate it was pathetic for such a world renowned player. No points are awarded for fancy footwork unless you can actually do something useful with the ball?

Saying both goals were giftwrapped is a bit silly, maybe the first, but then you could also argue it was offside?? But Vassells was well taken, well finished, well deserved!

For 10 mins of the game, when we were 2-1 up, utd did look very VERY strong, as we just couldnt seem to clear, but as soon as we did it was anybodys game, and City came back to put the pressure on, and city took advantage of this.

Fowlers goal was another well deserved finish, as a red im sure you will not be able to understand the concept of being outplayed, as Man U always feel the need to blame someone, against any other team, on any other day your defence would have been fine, but on Derby Day when both teams step up a gear and the pressure and atmosphere is always full on, and City deserved it, because they outplayed Utd for 80% of the match, plus they wanted it more.

Very pleased for big Trev, as he is a local lad, and life long City Fan, every Mancunians dream to score in a winning Derby... He's done it twice now!!

Without a doubt, the Mancunian team had a well deserved victory, which despite the alleged moaning in the papers, fergurson admited in his 1st interview after the match, that City were the better side on the day.

I am a completely biased City fan, but Id rather see City win and deserve it like they did, than rob three points from a frustrated side. Pearce had us organised and ready for anything Man Ure could throw at us... and even the lad from the local chippy played well :eek: