Derby ... attendance, results and discussion

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by oddbod, Jan 22, 2007.

1. oddbod

oddbod Member

Butlins done - Derby on the 18th Feb - we've joined NEMBBA and are coming down the M1 for go at Carnival... who's else is up for it?
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

That the one at Blackpool?
  3. oddbod

oddbod Member

No, Hells Bones - Derby as in city in Derbyshire - NEMBBA as in Midland bands..
  4. Hells Bones

lol, Delph Band are doing the Blackpool Area contest, what BBA is that? I'm new to the banding thing :oops:
  5. oddbod

oddbod Member

Yes.. it's all a bit tricky at first I know - the regional contests are a different thing - many parts of the country also have associations like NEMBBA (North East Midlands) who run other competitions - like this one in Derby where you can go for a test run on the Area testpieces...
  6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Seen as Hells Bones is from our Butlins rivals, Delph, I'd have let him keep thinking that Derby is near Blackpool !!
    Only joking !
    No, seriously, it would be great for us to have a re match - it would be an interesting exercise, which is more than I can say about "Carnival"
    - Wilky
  7. oddbod

oddbod Member

Now then Ian.. the mod's 'll be moving your post to the right thread!

We've got it to do from Thursday Night as agreed... ps I may be late... a couple of hours late!
  8. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Welcome to "Banding" Bones - a good result for you on Saturday, you played well (Said he through gritted teeth !!) I was sat in the front row, right by your left elbow when you played.
    "Banding" is a bit complex, but it's fun once you get the hang of it !!
    Keep blowing
    - Wilky
  9. Hells Bones

Would Look forward to it, I didn't manage to hear you guys but have been told that you did very well.

Bring on Carnival, but first, we are doing kaleidescope again for the Preston Contest
  10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Carlton Brass won't be going - so that will make it easier for you;)

We were really busy over christmas and have not done any work on Carnival yet except 2 run throughs. We also have an important concert coming up. So unfotunately NEMBBA had to go - which is a shame because we have always gone to this local contest and have always enjoyed it.

Good luck
  11. oddbod

oddbod Member

Thanks - we haven't seen it either! - we have a band club and have played a new program every month for the last 30 years as well as contests - but from this month, we're running an entertainment contest instead- so we can now, for the first time ever in 30 years - meet all the other bands on an equal footing! -
  12. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Dronfield will be there.
  13. postie

postie Member

Bestwood will be there as usual very important to support your local contests. Also it's a very good run through of the area piece.
  14. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Long Eaton will be there for our first contest in the second section;)
  15. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Whitwell will be there in the 4th section, trying to do one better that Bestwood this time!! ;)
  16. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

Nice one Sharon, good luck in the 2nd!

17. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Strata Brass will be there as well trying out Carnival.

We haven't done a lot of work on it yet as we've been putting a new program together ready for a Stocksbridge Band Club concert on 11th Feb.

See you all there
  18. oddbod

oddbod Member

So up to now we have:

Section 2
    Long Eaton

Section 4

Any others... or any section 1 or 3 yet... ?
  19. postie

postie Member

Dronfield have actually been promoted so they will be playing in the 3rd section. Other 4th section bands entered are Rolls Royce(Derby), Creswell Colliery, Melton Borough, and possibly Ratby 'Mid' Band. That should add to your list a bit!!!!
  20. oddbod

oddbod Member

Oops.. I know that... sorry Dronfield