Deputy Musical Director (Bandmaster) sought for south Yorkshire Concert Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by YorkshireBand, Sep 2, 2011.

1. YorkshireBand

YorkshireBand Member

The Yorkshire Band of The Royal British Legion is a military style concert (Wind) band based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire and is currently seeking a Deputy Musical Director (Deputy Bandmaster). This position is a newly created role and will offer plenty of opportunities to take the band in rehearsals, in concerts and on parade/ceremonial engagements.

Currently with a core of enthusiastic and experienced players, the band has at its heart the desire to be a professional concert and marching band which will represent its founding organisation both in looks and musicianship.

Entry to the band will be from Grade 6 upwards although the examination is not necessary and currently we have vacancies in most areas of the band. We also welcome anyone from age 16 upwards.
    Why not enquire and join a new and vibrant band at the time of its formation, allowing you to shape the future of your own music making.

With engagements for next year already coming in, perhaps now is time to dust off your instrument (yes we welcome return to playing and students) and come and see what we are all about.
    If you want something new and fresh then this band is the one for you.
    Uniforms are available as are promotion prospects within the British legion Band Service.

You have nothing to lose by contacting us and perhaps this is where your new banding career begins.
    First rehearsal back is on Monday 19th September at Fontenay Barracks, Wakefield Road, BARNSLEY, S71 1NU and will be from 19:30 - 21:30
    Please let me know by PM if you will be at the rehearsal as I will need to give you access to the Barracks.

Come and Join this proud fundraising band which has a number of engagements already booked for the remainder of this year and into 2012.
    Our first engagement is in Windermere on 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] October for the official launch of The 2011 Poppy appeal….will you be there?

Feel free to message us via TMP or mail All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
    Also see us at or call 07932 752512

2. YorkshireBand

YorkshireBand Member

We are still open to applications for this vacancy.
    Many Thanks

Feel free to message us via TMP or mail All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
    Also see us at or call 07932 752512
  3. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

I have tried both the numbers, 07932752512 and also been on site and rang 079506509330.
    The first number no one answered, the one on the Web Site belongs to someone who says they have never heard of the Yorkshire Band.
    Yorkshire Band, good luck in your advertising for Members, if you do not answer PM's or Phones.

4. YorkshireBand

YorkshireBand Member

If you check your email from this afternoon, you will see that I messaged you with my personal telephone number. The 07932 phone has stored your number (which I assume is the 01924 number) and I will call you back.
    Likewise, I have emailed you through this sites PM's to tell you about the upcoming rehearsal. You replied to me saying that you would try to be there!

5. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

Sent PM

6. YorkshireBand

YorkshireBand Member

Cheers John...glad we sorted that one out :)