depping work

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by flugelboy, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

HANNAH Member

You are WAY out of order talking to people like this. Surely the moderators should do something about whoever 'Boner' is. I'm sorry but I find people talking to others on this forum in this way is completely out of order, there really is no need for it! I can't believe I'm even having to write this post.

Boner, try thinking about this....flugelboy is a student, he and the rest of the young players in the country are the future of brass bands in Britain and should be supported and encouraged, not spoken to like this. Oh and as you're trying to be so cocky, how often do you see a flugel in an orchestra????? Its not the most common thing is it?!
  2. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

:clap: Totally agree it's not up to Boner who goes on this site. And it's not like nobody else charges for depping, the fees he's stated don't seem seem a problem
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Recently we had an excellent, and worthwhile discussion about the whole issue of depping fees. While we appreciate that there have been some valid points on the subject made in this thread, we don't feel this is necessarily the place to do them. If you wish to make further comment on depping fees please do so
    here. In the meantime we ask you all to please allow flugelboy to advertise his availability in this thread, and leave the arrangements with respect to any monies paid up to flugelboy and whichever band chooses to engage him.

4. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

On the one hand, any fees agreed between player and band are their concern. (And I'm not going there... ;) )

On t'other, flugelboy advertised his availability (and desires) without any 'history' - we know nothing about him.

If he'd given some idea of what he'd done, for whom, and where, then there probably would have been no discussion - people would have known that he was a capable player. (For any section...or not, as the case may be)

Because he didn't, we've got no idea what standard he's capable of, and chaos ensues...

(BTW, I've heard Jedforest, and if it's the same flugel player, he's not bad ;) )

[edit]Flugelboy - Best of luck with your studies and playing - and depping![/edit]
  5. trombonebabe

trombonebabe Member

Well done - everyone should be allowed there say shouldn't they?
  6. flugelboy

flugelboy Member

i have acctually given sum notes on my experiances on another not having a go or owt there so please dont take that in that way. and btw if you have heard jed in the last 3 years or so then yes that would have been me!! :)
  7. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Can I just say I have done a fare amount of depping in my time and in most cases charged for my services. I think most bands expect to pay expenses for dep players so get out there Flugelboy and make abit of money and good luck I hope it all goes well

P.S. If the top named players can go and make hundreds of pound from turning up to a concert as a guest soloist of any section band then why can't someone like Flugelboy do it and gain experience through it that maybe after his studies he can pass on that experience to others
  8. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

So, the top soloists in the top bands don't get paid a penny then...........
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ok - I think we've been more than fair in this thread in asking people to stay off the topic of whether deps should be paid or not, we've even posted a link to where discussions of that sort should take place.

I'm afraid the time has come to kill this thread once and for all.

flugelboy - feel free to start a new thread advertising your availability, but please do so using the template given in the Dep Corner Rules & Guidelines: - should you wish to go down this route, we can assure you now that all off-topic replies will be removed - there is no need for it at all.

As for the issue of paying deps, of course we feel this is an important issue that definitely needs to be discussed - so can we once again direct you to the existing thread:

Thread locked.

The tMP Team.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.