Denton announce final signings for the areas

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by BIG Paul, Feb 22, 2008.

1. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Denton Brass is pleased to announce 4 new signings ahead of the regional championships in Blackpool.

Lydia Payne on Flugel joins us from from Boarshurst Silver Band
    Joe Williams on solo cornet previously played with YBS
    Janine Mallett on Eb bass a student from RNCM
    Jessica Walford on 3rd cornet joins us from our Junior section.

Complete our line up for the area contest and will give a real boost to the bands successes of last year.
  2. andreab

andreab Member

Good luck Denton! You seem to be going from strength to strength.

3. thank you andrea hope you are keeping well! :)
  4. andreab

andreab Member

Hi Kat

Hope to see you there, Tony& I playing with Roberts so watch out for green jackets. We'll probably have Em with us to cheer us all along too, I'm sure she'll hunt you out!

Look forward to seeing/ hearing you

5. cornet clive

cornet clive New Member

love denton

Just wanted to say that i really like Denton Brass, i think Jonathon Davies will make a great conductor when he's older.
  6. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

he already is a great conductor... look how much he has bought the band on in the last 12 months :) i hope he sticks with the band and keeps improving us the way he has been doing over the years to come :clap: good luck to all the bands n the NW area and
    :biggrin: COME ON DENTON :biggrin:
  7. cornet clive

cornet clive New Member

i agree, he's doing a great job. + a great guy!
  8. MattB

MattB Member

Good luck Jon and Denton, conquer those nerves and show em what a good band you are! All the best, Matt.
  9. vonny

vonny Member

All the best to Jon and Denton! I'm not sure I will get the opportunity to listen to you but if I do I will!
    I'm playing with Haslingden in the 2nd section and I am very excited :biggrin:
  10. Frontman

Frontman Member

Best wishes to you Guys, you've worked so hard to rebuild just go and show them.
  11. Hey,
    Unlucky Denton keep your heads up, there is always next year!!
    Some times adjudicators get it wrong and this is one of those times because you should have come 1ST!!!

Good luck with everything
  12. Thanks Jack. Comments greatly appreciated. I do think a positioning of 19 was a great blow to all the hard work put in by all players, but we came off stage buzzing - and I guess that's what really matters (until the next contest!)