Dental Charter for Children - anyone know what the policy is?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Sep 12, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

I have an issue with dental treatment for children that I'd like advice on please. Does anyone know if there is a Dental Charter for Children in existence in UK or Welsh legislation? My lad has been in a lot of pain this last weekend and this morning has a lot of swelling and more pain etc... so I contacted his dentist for an emergency appointment. I was told by the very aloof receptionist that as he missed his last appointment (cancelled by my wife due to him being on a school trip to France) he was no longer registered with them...!!!

Somewhat confused I asked the receptionist what that meant, and she replied... " as you [implying me, not them] made him miss his last appointment, he's no longer registered with us". I explained that he is a 14 year old child and not a 'have to pay for treatment adult' and as such he's entitled to free dental treatment on the NHS... she huffed, muttered something under her breath, said hang on a mo, went away and came back asking if I could bring him down later today. Ii have just received a call asking if I could come down a loittle earlier as they have now had a late cancellation.

So, I need to find out what the NHS/Gvt policy is on dental treatment for children. Does anyone have any pointers please?

Ta

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    treatment
    anyone
    policy
    pain
    legislation
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Rachel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. NeilW