Dennis and Maud Wright conducters course cancelled!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ploughboy, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Morning all,
    I wrote off for details of the advertised conductors course, a weekend residential, with Geoffery Brand and Roy Newsome at the helm. I was very dissapointed to recive a letter today saying because of lack oif interest the course would not run this year, and MAY run another year!!!! They only had space for 6 candidate's.

So . . . how many perfect conductors are there?
    None! Everyone, especially at the lower levels (like myself) can learn a great deal from a course like this.

What a shame.

Garry

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

If I'd known about it, I would have been interested in this. Where was it advertised? :confused: Whereever it was, I missed it totally!

3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

no, it was out there british bandsman, 4barsrest and tMP all covered the announcement!

You can still get to the story from the home page of tMP!

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

This was sent to tMP on the 30th of December: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18438

It is now just over two weeks since it was posted, and yet it's been cancelled because of a lack of interest!!!? Looks like a hasty decision to me - not enough time seems to have been given for people to register their interest.

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Ah, I think I ignored this because it is called NYBBGB Conductors Course 2006. I just assumed that I was too old (which I wouldn't have been)! Oh well.

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Thanks for that Dyl, It does seem to be quite hasty!
    Although as soon as I saw it I sent a letter, maybe they couldn't see the enthusiasm?

7. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Quite agree. I would have been interested in this but have got quite a lot on around then and was checking what could be re-arranged before applying - I thought I had a few weeks, at least. :confused: Oh well, I suppose I'll save some beer money...

8. Di

Di Active Member

Well, thats 3 tMPers shown an interest in the space of one day. Can we rattle up another three and get all six together to write to Mr Biggs and see if he'll open it again?