Denham to get that extra Sparke

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by yooflou, May 3, 2006.

1. yooflou

yooflou Member

Denham Hendon Brass is delighted to announce that Philip Sparke will be conducting the band at the National Finals at Harrogate in September. Philip has had an association with the band for over 20 years. He first conducted the band in its former incarnation as Hillingdon Band, when he took it from the second section to 3rd place in the Championship section. He has in recent years retained his connection with the band as President. A number of members of the band remain from when he was Musical Director of Hillingdon Band.

Philip Sparke said "I am thrilled to be taking Denham Hendon Brass to the National Finals in Harrogate. I was delighted by the success the band achieved at the Area contest and wanted to do all I could to help the band build on this achievement"

Lindsey Davies who was a member of Hillingdon Band with Philip said "I worked with Philip when we achieved 3rd place in the Championship section and I know that this will be a great opportunity for us to benefit from all the experience that Philip has and I am very excited by his appointment"

Denham Hendon Brass is still recruiting players and in particular is looking for basses, front row cornets and horns. They are also seeking a permanent Musical Director to take the band and work with Philip Sparke for the Finals. Applications to martin.smith@brewin.co.uk or call 07711 952117

Denham-hendon-brass.org.uk

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    opportunity
    band
    Finals
    FONT=Arial)Denham Hendon Brass
    Philip Sparke
  3. Red Kite

Red Kite Member

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:) so we know the composer of one of the finals pieces now then ;)

All the best to the band and Philip for the contest in advance from all the McFadyens's's's's....

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Erm.. no - where does it say that Philip Sparke's done one of the pieces?

6. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

When are we going to find out?

7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Just going by what it says on his website.... if you read it you'll see....
    If you were a fan, you'd have read his site, surely? :p

:biggrin:

8. yooflou

yooflou Member

Should be 1st June

9. yooflou

yooflou Member

I guess you mean the workshop section!!!!!!!!