Denham-Hendon looking for new bandroom

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by NeilW, Jan 21, 2006.

1. NeilW

NeilW Member

I don't know the background to this, but there's a story in my local paper (The Bucks Free Press - I can't find it on their website, though) about D-H needing a new bandroom.

"One of the county's top brass bands could be forced out of existance unless they can find a new home before the end of the month.
    Denham and Hendon Brass Band needs to find a permanent place to rehease and store their instruments as the Licensed Victuallers' retirement home , in Denham, where they are currently based is being refurbished.
    ....."

Anyone got any more info?? I'm sure there's someone from D-H on tMp...

Neil.

2. thornman

thornman New Member

Sources tell me it looks like D-H may have found a new rehearsal venue in a local school which should at least see them through their preparations for the Area.

3. starperformer

starperformer Member

Last I heard they were also looking for a quartet arrangement of "Images of the Millenium" - can anyone help out?

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

5. yooflou

yooflou Member

Hey its OK we have sorted the trio version out instead.....
    You are right we have found a new rehearsal room which in the end will be much better than the last.
    Good luck to you all at the areas

6. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

That's good news from my 'old band'.

Where is the new venue??

7. yooflou

yooflou Member

Philip - do you have an e-mail address I can write to you directly on and I will let you know where it is - strange request I know but unfortunately there are reasons....

8. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

9. PHA161

PHA161 New Member

As a past member of the 'Old Hendon' band in the early eighties under, I hope they can find the players and put on a good show at the area. Band fortunes can change both ways, I only hope that it does not happen to your band 'Starperformer'.

10. Di

Di Active Member

*slips off topic for a moment to try and be helpful* Of course, there's always the PM (private message) facility. Simply click on the users profile and select private message. ;) *gets back to topic*

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    The Bucks Free Press
    Denham
    Denham-Hendon
    D-H
    Hendon Brass Band
  12. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

As another ex-member, albeit from the early 90's, I second that.

13. yooflou

yooflou Member

Thank you