Delph Band: missing instruments from band room.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Delph Band, May 23, 2015.

1. Delph Band

Delph Band New Member

Over the last few months a few instruments have gone missing from our band room, most recently a Courtois Soprano Cornet (model 107V with a broken third valve slide).

We have always been a trusting band, happy to help out fellow banders. Unfortunately we are having to report this instrument as stolen to the police and up our security in our own band room. We are proposing an amnesty for anyone with one of our instruments/jackets/mutes etc. Please bring them back and there will be no questions asked and a pint waiting for you to say thank you :)

If anyone local sees/hears of a Courtois Soprano cornet for sale/being fixed please get in touch with us.

Please share this post so that it reaches as many people as possible!

Many thanks from all at Delph Band.
  2. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Pity you don't have the serial number of the instrument as well as the model, makes it slightly easier to trace if it has been stolen. However if it does finish up in Lancashire for a repair and I see a Courtois sop I will be asking questions.
  3. Delph Band

Delph Band New Member

Thank you so much Cornet Nev. I think that the serial number was 018.
  4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Might I politely suggest that you ought to establish the serial number of this instrument before asking people to be on the look out for similar instruments being offered for sale? The serial number is the only way of positively identifying the instrument (and, I'm sure, the only evidence that the police or the insurance company will accept as proof of identity). It might just lead to sellers of non-stolen Courtois soprano cornets being confronted. And I wouldn't ask people to confine their attention to the local area either - we live in the age of the Internet and Ebay, after all.

Good luck!

5. pedaller

pedaller Member

But, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear, Jim.
  6. Phil3822

Phil3822 Member

I will keep my eyes open around my way and in the bands I play with. Very much a shame and I hope it gets sorted one way or another. Serial numbers are certainly needed though but I am sure you already know that by now.