Deleteing Profile and Posts

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Escapades Showband, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Could someone please advise us on how to delete our posts and profile from this site.

2. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

I vaguely recall seeing a thread on this topic a little while ago, and I think the answer is that you can't (certainly not the posts, anyway).

Perhaps one of the Mods can confirm if my recollection is correct?

3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Yep - absolutely. Deleting someone's profile has the potential to mess up all / any of the threads they have posted in, so basically we don't do it.

HTH.

Ian

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Could you not do it by moving all such threads to the invisible moderators area? Wouldn't work for all posters, but could for this one, as they haven't posted in any threads that they haven't started?

Though I don't really see why this poster wants to leave - what they've posted seems like appropriate stuff to me?

5. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Although posts and user name cannot be removed, it is perfectly possible to remove all other information from the user profile.

Having logged in, click on 'Quick Links' in the toolbar. In the drop-down menu that appears, click on 'Your Profile'. This will take you to your profile page, where you can delete what you will.

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Like Ian said, user accounts are, as a general rule, not removed nor posts deleted.
    But of course there is room for some flexibility. If you can provide us (by PM) with very good reasons why your account should be deleted/closed/altered in some way, we are certainly willing to consider the request. (e.g. legal reasons, cases of stalking,...?)
    I see that your username and both of your posts are related to a band. If for some reason you do not longer want to be associated with that band, we can either change your username, or you can start a new account, and transfer your old account to another represantative of the band. Or we can close the old account.
    Like Geoff said, you can also remove all details from your profile and signature through the user control panel.

7. The reason we would like to remove the threads and profile is due to the fact The Escapades Showband does now not exsist in the Sheffield Area, and this is a Sheffield Forum. :)

8. We would like to remove all threads and profile from this website due to the fact the band now no longer exsists in the Sheffield area.. We have relocated to Nottingham, and this might be confusing for further business.

9. WoodenFlugel

:confused:

What makes you think that? tMP has members from all over the world. Admittedly the majority hail from the UK, but all over the UK (including Nottingham!).

10. Okay, so all I need to do is change the details on the profile?!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    someone
    Deleteing Profile
  12. WoodenFlugel

Yeah but it looks like you already have?

13. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

i'l 2nd that. Good on Ya mate

14. BASIC MICK

BASIC MICK New Member

:tup Very useful info this, why arn't people informed of how to use website when you register or indeed directed to your Profile?

15. The Wherryman

With the greatest respect, it might be a good idea to familiarise oneself with the menus of any forum that one is considering joining.

In the case of tMP, click 'Home' in the toolbar, then 'FAQ' and there are revealed a number of links such as 'Rules' and 'Board FAQ'. Under 'Board FAQ' there is a host of information on how to manage a profile, how to post, etc, etc. :)

16. The Wherryman

17. BASIC MICK

BASIC MICK New Member

Indeed, agree with what you say, but the ''quick links'' button doesn't appear until after you log in so as a browser of website with out logging in doesn't reveal all. Perhaps a help button is needed.

18. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

tMP is based on one of the most widely used commercial bulletin board scripts available, vBulletin. if you are a member of any other board, then how to use bulletin boards would be familiar to you. If you don't use any other boards, then a quick browse of the menu bar on tMP will reveal a FAQ (frequently asked questions) link - to a section which includes links to our rules, as well as links to a general help area with pages and pages of help text in the form of clickable links.

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/faq.php

There's the link for you, which is available to everyone, regardless of membership status.