Deeside Silver Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stotty74, Oct 10, 2007.

1. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Hi all

Deeside Silver Band are short in a couple of positions:

Principal / Soprano Cornet
    Bass Trombone
    BBb Bass
    Percussion

We actually have loads of players but need a couple with a bit of experience, especially in the above areas, to help bolster the band.

I'm taking them to the North Wales Rally at the end of November, their first contest in over two years, and before that there was a break of over 10 from contesting!!

The band rehearse Monday evenings in Connah's Quay, and is really close to Chester / Manchester / Liverpool etc. Principal Cornet would suit someone now just wanting to enjoy playing rather than the hassle of contesting all the time.

Anyone interested (including even just signing / day transferring for the North Wales contest) please get in touch by PM or call 07793 196 416.

Cheers

Karl

2. stotty74

stotty74 Member

I have decided to step down as MD of the band due to my increasing work/study/other banding commitments, so Deeside Silver Band are now looking for an MD to take over asap.

The band members are very committed, rehearse once a week (almost full rehearsals) and have a good mix of youth and experience. They have a number of engagements throughout the year, and attended the North Wales Rally this year. There is a possibility they might want to do more contesting.

The band is only 45 minutes or so from Manchester, and easily accessible along the motorway network. This position would suit someone either looking to start out as a conductor, or someone with experience looking to wind down their careers.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Karl Stott