Deepcar Brass Band appoints new Musical Director

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Number1euph, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

Deepcar Brass Band is pleased to announce Lindon Bolt has been appointed as Musical Director. Lindon hails from Scotland and has played at the very highest level of banding. For the past 10 years Lindon has played Solo Eb Bass with the Stannington Brass Band and has also conducted their Junior Band for the past 2 years.

Lindon said “I hope to have a long relationship with Deepcar, but most importantly I hope they enjoy playing music with me. Playing in a Brass Band is a hobby, and I believe that the enjoyment of those in the band should be the priority. I want to be able to maintain the great atmosphere that Deepcar already have, and I hope they enjoy having me as part of their band."

Deepcar's spokesman “Deepcar would also like to thank the other applicants who showed an interest in the post and wish them well for the future. Deepcar look forward to a busy Christmas period with our new appointment and then of course the up and coming regional contest in March."

James Broadhead
    Deepcar Brass Band
  2. timbloke

timbloke Member

Fantastic news, it is great to see another new conductor taking up the baton and I would like to wish Lindon and the band every success over the coming years.
  3. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Thanks Tim. I'm looking forward to it.